Wyze would sell more V3 cameras if they didn't need to have power recycled periodically

2 Likes

My current setup is a Linksys AC1900 Mu-Mimo Gigabit router with ISP providing 400 GB/s Download and 20 GB?s Upload. I have had no problems with this router in the past. So maybe I don’t need to switch routers???

What the heck, it’s Sunday morning, shouldn’t you guys be in church?? :wink:

This is quite a gaggle.

2 Likes

I went to church early at 7:30 am this morning so I could get on the internet early.
I really want to get a good router that “Just Works”

3 Likes

I’ve no idea what lies in the dark beating heart of your router, so maybe. Even then it should apply only to upstream Internet and have almost NO effect on local streaming from your cameras to your phones?

Surely that is 400 Mbps down And 20 Mbps up? (Megabits, not Gigabits.) Still should be fine for almost any use.

Yes, you are right. It is 400 Mb/s and 20 Mb/s
Again, I know the difference, but type them WRONG, DARN

3 Likes

I looked up the Asus Zen wiFi Ax *XT8) on amazon and it has a lot (10%) negative reviews. I don’t want to solve one problem and inherit 10 more.

1 Like

So far, I find what I’ve said the most persuasive.

2 Likes

Only Camera out of 16 V3’s, 7 V2’s and 1 v1 Pan-Cam that needs reset (power-cycled) is the Pan-Cam V1 all other cameras have been solid.

The pan Cam used to be solid too but the firmware update a few months ago caused the need for resets. I may even roll it back one or two versions when I have a chance.

My V3’s (16) have been behaving well for some time.
I do have the ability to remotely power cycle ALL of my Wyze Cams but the only camera I have been cycling is the Pan-Cam.

The pan Cam is working other than it will show offline in group view but clicking on it the cam comes up and works. So a power-cycle is needed to get it to show it group view.

And since I am away from home 60% of the time and all Wyze IoT is dependant on the upstream and downstream internet connection to the servers for like 99% of their functionality, like online status, CamPlus, etc., that is why I prioritize them.

1 Like

Yea, but I can only tell you my first hand experience. Comments or ratings are what they are. After switching to these devices, I have not experienced any issues with any of my connected devices. The amount of options and configuring you can do is amazing on these. They allow you to control your device however, you would like, which is what individuals get concerned about.

I am in technology and have been for well over 30 years, so I can provide you with my first hand experience. I know Linksys makes a good router, but at this point I am set. Ialso agree that no technology is 100% flawless, so each person needs to decide what is the limit they are willing to work with. Mine had to do with Camera Streaming and connectivity, these devices have exceeded my expectation.

@Omgitstony indicates that they use Ubiquiti, which is another great router setup. If the ASUS did not work, Ubiquiti would have been my next set of devices to get.

2 Likes

@carverofchoice is wearing out the ‘replying…’ dervish. Is he EVER gonna post??

Gestalting comments is an art.

2 Likes

PREACH!

Mine is currently more effective as a paperweight! But, that is being discussed in other threads and DM w\ Wyze

1 Like

It’s certainly worth the wait. Going to be bookmark quality.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

:rofl:

We are all waiting eagerly to see the post. Watch, it will be one sentence… LOL

3 Likes

Look how he gets right up on people…

Summerlin doesn’t like that…

2 Likes

Is there any technical reason to have a wifi 5 cam on a wifi 6 mesh?

I keep Wyse cams on a Pace AC5286 router on its own network. No connectivity issues.

I use a Deco x68 tri-band router for streaming and other more important (to me) devices on a separate network. My Galaxy S21 is wifi 6 and switches between the mesh nodes. My cameras don’t move.

No connectivity issues on either.

When cams can go wifi 6 and 5Ghz, I may reconsider my options.

Everybody has an opinion. I am not a technology influencer in any way. I can always be open to new ideas.

2 Likes

Yea, I think we all find what works for us. Your approach of putting the Wyze products on its own router is a positive one and something I am planning on doing in the near future.

1 Like

I believe we may have ABASHED carver. :astonished: Let me withdraw to my dressing room like Laurence Olivier after a gobsmack performance and review… how did we do it?? :laughing:

@ssummerlin say something nice to him. He won’t expect that. :grin:

Oh, I see what he’s doing… withdrawn to a text editor or a DM-to-himself compose window :slight_smile:

Vamp until ready then…

James Michener in one of his enormous novels had a seafaring character relay: Never let a fallen adversary up from the deck. Finish the job.

Have you seen a picture of James Michener?? That guy can write. :slight_smile:

Eric Schmidt may agree to be my transhuman daddy. If so, will he manipulate me humanely? He says he will.

And I trust him. With my life. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

• Carver is abashed.
  • Carver is licking his wounds.
  • Carver is DM’ing himself.
  • Carver is the least of our problems. Keep your eye on Eric Schmidt!!

0 voters

3 Likes

Huh. I have 9 cams (one V3) on my ordinary at&t router. I routinely restart them after checking to make sure the microSD card is wyrking.

Infrequently, I’ll need to “kick the plug” on a cam… it seems like the age of the camera is correlated to the issue. The V1 in my super hot attic has been turned off until cooler temps cuz that one was needing to be unplugged/replugged.

I have never associated any problem relating to my router… and I routinely look at 3 cams in a group.

2 Likes