Wyze Web Live view doesn't know that my Wyze Video Doorbell Pro has Cam Plus?

When visiting Wyze Web Live and logged into my account, if I look at my Wyze Video Doorbell Pro, for which I pay the annual Wyze Cam Plus subscription, the camera says: “Upgrade to view live stream: For web access to live stream, upgrade this camera to Cam Plus or Cam Protect.” Is this a known bug or is there anything I can do to troubleshoot it? Thank you!

Edit: I was looking at the wrong camera in the list (a Wyze Cam v2 with a similar name to the doorbell) and didn’t realize that the Video Doorbell Pro isn’t a support model for the web view yet. Leaving this post up for reference.

I don’t think Wyze supports that video doorbell in the live view

1 Like

Only the Newest doorbell is supported by the liveview, the Wyze Video Doorbell v2, the other 2 doorbells (the v1 and the Pro) don’t currently support webview. We’re not sure if they will in the future or not, but it sure would be nice.

1 Like

I think we do actually, I remember recently using it. Lemme ping @WyzeSeth and ask. Also feel free to tag @WyzeSeth in any questions related to Wyze Web Portal, he’s the one building it!

2 Likes

It still shows this warning:

It would be great if Seth is working on that for the future though. I love my VDB’s…I have 1 v1, 2 Pros, and 2 v2’s. :wink:

1 Like

To know one way or another would be nice—thanks for sharing any confirmations here!

1 Like

Confirmed that it does not work currently and that Seth is actively working on it.

2 Likes

I can confirm that doorbell v1 works now on wyze web live view but it’s not consistent. It stops after about 10 mins and the webpage needs to be refreshed. Sometimes it comes up but normally, I have to wait a while to refresh it to make it work. Is this still in beta right now?

Whether it’s in beta is probably just semantical. They had the webview and took it out of beta, but then they basically scrapped it and switched to this new version which is called The My Wyze Web Portal, and it is different from the previous webview. In fact, for a short time, the webview and the web portal both worked at the same time and functioned slightly differently. So the web Portal is new, and in some ways has some things that feel slightly unfinished…but I don’t think it’s technically beta. They are even officially posting release notes for it along with all other production grade products, so I would say Wyze doesn’t consider it to be beta or they would likely post the release notes in the beta channel/category instead of the public production release notes page.

But the VDB being on there is a new thing, and many other things with it are new, so there are likely to be some things that need tweaking and improving and aren’t fully stable yet since it doesn’t actually go through a Beta phase like firmware and apps usually do…thus some of the new updates and features get tested for the first time as soon as they’re released, and we’re likely to sometimes find bugs since it can’t really go through Beta first.