Wyze Watch 47c - cannot update firmware - did I receive the correct watch model?

Log out then back in,or just check the firmware from the watch side

thanks for the update… If you look at then previous post. The WATCH shows “New Updates” then select it. …The next message from that selection sez “Everything’s goog. Your updated” but the next update available, never installs . Hmmm ??

i’ll try the cold restart for both the watch and my Andriod. And check again :slight_smile:

ok… still no firmware update… The watch is stuck at 0.12.43 i’m looking for 0.12.49 (July 7, 2021) an update for 0.12.48 …

If the watch is working properly then don’t worry about it…

I too ordered (2) Midnight Black special 47c watches (on Nov 27), and received the regular gray WW47’s as labeled on the box backs instead. Other than not getting what I ordered, I don’t much care. I was going to use the Midnight watch for dress, but there’s not that much formal stuff going on these days.

My old (10 months) WW47 has been completely reliable. Heck the only scratches have been in the aluminum case, the “crystal” shrugs off the usual slings and arrows. I get 9-11 days battery life, consistently, without draining the battery way down.

I did change the app to the 47c version (from the original plain ole 47), and laughed at the clownish faces still being offered. Deleted all 3 custom faces and kept my usual simple digital face. The firmware is the most current 0.12.49 version.

I kinda wish they sent the right color watch, but I’m not gonna whine about it. It’s exactly the same watch except for the “paint” (anodizing color).

I have the watch 47 but I activated it as 47C

I’ve had no issues running the 47c software on my WW47. AFAIK, it’s the same hardware except for the color, so you can run the 47c software/firmware and get the additional (still clowny) watch faces on any Wyze Watch 47.

Well some is the same different processes and a few more items

FWIW, the 47C Midnight Black is the original 47. No changes to the box, color, housing, firmware, or otherwise.

(I guess I’ll put a disclaimer that this is my speculation, but I was effectively told this by a Wyze Wizard.)

Yep, my experience with 2 of these 47c Midnight specials confirms your speculation as exact fact. Order the Midnight and receive the original WW47 in a fancier more colorful box.

You’re lucky then. I didn’t even get a fancy, colorful box. Just the original 47 box. No “47C” on the box. And the listed color is dark grey, not midnight black.