Wyze Watch 47

Well, apparently mine is not arriving today.
Got this message from USPS.
Maybe a stray dog chased the mailman away

1 Like

Yeah, probably.

I am not even getting the subject. I get the From address, the To Address and that is it

will need to check with this latest update…

Just checked - I am now getting the Subject

Can you show us a photo of what the email alert looks like now?

I shared one at below link the other day that compares the same notification on a wyze band to the watch. I deleted it from my phone else Id repost.

Ok – here it is… Crossed out the From Email Address. The “Testing - Subject Line” is the actual subject I put in the email.

Thanks

I got my watch yesterday. Not impressed so far with much of any of it.

The steps tracking is pretty terrible. I gained around 400 steps driving home today. So yeah, I’m also experiencing this.

Also:

Enabled the “stretch reminder” in the app from 7am to 2pm every 50 minutes last night. 0 stretch notifications today.

No interactive notifications that I’ve seen so far. No music app controls that I’ve seen. These are pretty basic “smart watch” functions.

So far this thing is just a large fitness tracker, at best, that doesn’t track fitness very well. The O2 and bpm functions are hit or miss from what I’ve seen in the past 20-ish hours. Sleep tracking had a decent data set, but no idea how accurate that is and might need to take a few days to look at. Though it’s interesting that this watch shows that I had about 7 “deep sleep cycles” last night, while an actual sleep study determined that I have a single 4-5 hour long REM cycle. So, I’m not entirely sure that it’s not just filling that tracker out with “dummy” data to make it seem like it did something.

1 Like

Mine was delivered today, so we’ll see how it goes when I get home.

For $20 we know it’s not going to complete with an Apple watch.

I also received my watch yesterday and set up the stretch reminder for 7:30-4, when I’m at my desk, haven’t seen one yet. I am getting most notifications but none are interactive and Wyze stated they wouldn’t be at launch so that wasn’t a huge shock. I do have one other real annoying bug, I get text notifications from everyone but my wife’s Samsung S21. For the $20 I spent I wasn’t expecting a Galaxy watch but a few aspects could use some brushing up. I typically wear a G-Shock or diver mechanical and this is the first “kinda smart watch” I’ve messed with.

Well mine worked one day. Lost connection and now IF it pairs won’t stay connected…can’t do the firmware update…it gotta be the watch as everything else pairs and stays connected …Wyze. help us

1 Like

Same, can’t stay connected to even upgrade firmware

1 Like

So it turns out even though the post office says my watch was delivered, it isn’t in my mailbox.

So now I’ve got to open a case with usps.

Where did you see that they started that interactive notifications wouldn’t be included at launch? I haven’t seen that. But that would explain the complete lack of them I guess.

The attached screenshot is directly from the facts page from the Wyze Watch website. About half way down the FAQs list under details. I also read a lot of tech site reviews and early beta user comments. They also fail to mention no music control but I’ve read that may come. I knew this going in but never really wanted to own a smart watch to begin with, I ordered this to play around controlling my other Wyze devices, for $20 why not. I prefer my G-Shock, mechanicals, and others that don’t require a BS magnet charger or a phone period, just sun and movement.

I just received my 47 today. Does anyone know how to connect it with Alexa and how to use it. I had my Wyze band hooked up and it worked OK.

You can’t. There is no speaker or microphone so no way to interact with voice assistant.

This is a quasi smart watch at best. I hope future firmware updates see improvements but voice assistant, video and music playback, basically anything that requires a speaker, won’t ever work. I hope to have the ability to send quick replies to messages in the future.

1 Like

Im having the same experience you are. Glad the cost of the watch was low

1. Are we supposed to be able to respond to text or chat app messages? I can do that on my fit bit and one thing i really like about it.

2. Will we eventually be able to add Apps, like Pandora, etc?

Item 1: No, at this time you cannot respond to texts, emails, etc. you can hangup a call. May be able to in the future

Item 2: I am not sure about this. I have seen threads asking and speculation that in the future you will. But cannot say with 100% certainty