Wyze Video Doorbell v1, Doorbell v2 & Cam Outdoor Base Station Firmware Beta Test 1/4/2024

Wyze Video Doorbell v1:

Version: 4.25.1.333

What’s New:

• Security improvements

• You need to update the app to 2.48 to receive this firmware update

• App versions lower than 2.48 can’t connect to this firmware due to the app and firmware security improvements

Wyze Video Doorbell v2:

Version: 4.51.1.8161

What’s New:

• Security improvements

• App versions lower than 2.48 can’t connect to this firmware due to the app and firmware security improvements

Wyze Cam Outdoor Base Station:

Version: 4.16.4.523

What’s New:

• Security improvements

5 Likes

just updated doorbell v1. seamed to take a long time, but was successful. it seems to be working fine. Will update if I notice anything

3 Likes

Outdoor base stations updated fine

3 Likes

Updated 2 WCO base stations about 8 hours ago. One is connected via Ethernet and serves WCOv2 cams. The other is connected via WiFi and serves WCOv1 cams. Both base stations and associated cams have been working without issues.

2 Likes

Video Doorbell V2 fails to connect with hidden SSID after beta firmware 4.51.1.8161. Connects OK when SSID is broadcasting. Hidden SSID worked before beta update.
Log 1278490 submitted.

2 Likes

We ran into this on another firmware yesterday, I will send this up might help to find the cause.

2 Likes

WYZE Outdoor Base Station. Can you please test your Beta Firmware on the base? After the 6 November 2023 base firmware update if the base is powered cycled for any reason all the WCO cameras with cam plus will have the cooldown period reset to 1 minute so all cams need to be reset to no cooldown period or what ever setting they were set to prior. It also happened to me a few days ago when I had to restart my router after my ISP had an outage. Or maybe it is the 2.48 app?
I am using iOS 2.48.0 (6)
Related info.

2 Likes

I was just able to reproduce this. The recording cooldown was reset to 1 minute.

WCO Log: 1283331
WCO V2 FW: 4.48.4.427
App Version: 2.49.0 (2)

1 Like

I’ve seen that behavior for quite a while now well before this beta release with WCO base cooldown reset.

1 Like

Yea, I saw there were some pretty old posts in that thread that Antonius linked.

Wyze Jason is also active in that thread now so he should be able to get some attention to this issue now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.