Wyze video doorbell pro mount

I recently bought the Wyze video doorbell pro and I live in an apartment. I have been looking all over amazon for a apartment friendly door mount and I can’t find one at all! All the other doorbells have them except this one apparently. I’m not sure why this one doesn’t fit any of them, but the company should really make one !

1 Like

Welcome to the community duranbeauty.

What makes a mount apartment friendly to you? The Wyze video Doorbell Pro was designed with a mount as apartment friendly as I can think of.

You can mount it up without any screws. You can even mount it without any wiring since it has a battery that lasts a long time between charges. When you leave, you can remove the mount and take everything with you without leaving screw-holes in the frame or wall or door.

What kind of difference are you looking for in a mount? If you elaborate, maybe we can help guide you toward something that will work better in the way you want.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response. Hello! I’m scared of it being stolen, because I’ve seen a lot of that happening recently. I was looking for maybe something like this. Thank you!

2 Likes

That’s interesting! I had not seen that type of mount.

granted this is only a guess, but if you get the measurements of other doorbells and compare them to the VDB pro you might be able to figure out if you could make it fit inside one of those that is made for another one and then just put things inside to hold it securely.

That’s just a guess but unless you find something you could always retrofit what is out there for other doorbells to work possibly.

1 Like

When you purchase that type of mount they send styrofoam pieces so that you can adjust it, but all of those mounts are too short the VBP is too tall and I can’t seem to find any that fit it because of how tall it is :frowning:

2 Likes

Hmmmm what is that made out of? Well, what are those mountains in general made out of?

I just installed my wyze pro doorbell to my door with mount I found on ETSY. The plate is 3D printed and it nice and sturdy. I use size 4x1/2 brass philips flat head wood screws to mount the back plate to the peephole mount. You do need a 1" door viewer to affix this plate and the camera to your door. Check your bore size, usually 9/16" bore is good to go but you may need a 1/2" bore peephole with a 1" viewer to use to mount the plate to your door. Thing is rock solid so far. I had 3 neighbors ask about this and now we all have a doorbell cam (with landlord permission). NO drilling. :slight_smile: Tell Wing I said hello.

1 Like

I’m glad you were able to find something that would work for you. I actually had to make something myself out of wood as a wedge that worked on two different degrees both X and y axis and then mount that. But I was able to do it.

And talking with managers at the company there are so many different variables that go into specific situations that it would be almost impossible for them to design something that would work and be cost effective. But with the applications available on DIY websites like Esty there are so many options. I’m glad people like you are able to find what they’re looking for and make it work.

Here is a picture of my setup once I got my mouth fully worked out.

1 Like

I concur. I’ve purchased 5🙄 door holders. All are not tall enough to fit the doorbell camera pro. They fit Amazon cameras & off brand cameras only.

Yes, I would love to find one that can fit the Wyze one as well. The sticky on the door ended up not working for me and I am afraid of someone stealing it as some kids stole a few of my neighbors.

1 Like