Wyze Video Doorbell 4.25.0.233 Released! - 3/8/21

I expected the same results that I got with the Wyze Pan-Cam, a far better camera at a far better price with a better interface as well. Why wouldn’t the same hold true with the Wyze Doorbell?

2 Likes

I installed mine today, and am in love. People keep walking up to water my door, see the camera and nope out.

1 Like

The doorbell cannot be streamed right now because of the aspect ratio is messing everything up causing it to be sideways. I think its being worked on but might be disabled all together if they can’t find a way to fix sideways video because of aspect ratio on doorbell is 3:4.

1 Like

The center has them but their not putting them online because of scalpers because all the v3’s they had didn’t last 2 weeks and they know people are buying to sell them higher online.

You may find answers in this topic:

Bought a lot of the Wyze products and was impressed at first, but tings have been going downhill. The latest fiasco - Pre-ordered the Doorbell on 9/23/20 and it arrived 5 months later on 2/23/21. Installed it per instructions which went pretty well, Wyze does put out good step by step in-app guides. Right away noticed the audio was a hot mess. Next found that if you try and do a video chat with someone at the doorbell it freezes up and is non-responsive for ~30 seconds. Opened a case on 2/25, back and forth emails with the Wesley Wyze Wizard providing information, but never any help with troubleshooting the issues. It is now 3/13, two and a half weeks after I received the doorbell and opened the case; yet no help. Last response from Wyze Wizard was 6 days ago to tell me “I am sending your information to a higher-up.” This is the last in a string of disappointments from Wyze and the last product I will be buying until the company fixes their issues. I feel embarrassed that a year ago I was recommending their products to my friends.

4 Likes

I totally agree. I was delighted with the many WYZE products I bought in the past. However, my recent purchases have been a hot mess! The doorbell either has a pink hue during the day or no sound. The thermostat does not function properly! Both issue have been reported and I’ve yet to get adequate help! I’ve done everything suggested snd still both devices are not working properly.

After many attempts, I can now get the thermostat to work but only if I stick to using the settings on the device itself. That means I cannot use wifi on my smart phone to make adjustments to the temp!

I’m done with WYZE! They’ve rushed all their various new devices and are interested more in increasing sales and not on satisfied customers or customer support.

I’m now extremely sorry for recommending WYZE to my friends and family.

They should easily be able to stream it as a stretched distorted image for now. If TinyCam Pro can figure this out I can’t imagine that this is very difficult to implement. This is how it looks on my Chromecast with Google TV. You can see the doorbell image next to a regular V2 cam image that I had previously setup and use for 24/7 recording since the Video Doorbell doesn’t have it. (They really should put in an sd card in the next model or allow for 24/7 recording with Cam Plus.) The image is stretched out but usable in the grid view and has the correct aspect ratio in the individual view.

1 Like

Great that there was an update, but I can’t get anyone to respond to my support request. Sent 5 requests so far… Brand new doorbell that hasn’t worked properly yet. I know this is just a release thread, but hopefully somebody at wyze takes notice and actually helps me. A little tired of the pandemic being blamed for slow support response times. Having enough staff to respond to requests this far in isn’t really a valid excuse.

1 Like

Exactly you’re so right, TinyCam Pro works amazing with almost 0 lag or delay, Wyze should easily be able to beat them to this and I can’t believe they still haven’t. All tinycam pro needs is google home integration and I’d easily just switch to that app instead of the wyze app at this point

Join the club haha. I’ve been back and forth with them telling me an excuse about covid and lack of support. I mean they can’t respond from home :woman_shrugging:

| | Donna Mckee - Chat @ Spike | xyggp |

• | - | - | - |

| jpar.mail
March 14 |

• | - |

Great that there was an update, but I can’t get anyone to respond to my support request. Sent 5 requests so far… Brand new doorbell that hasn’t worked properly yet. I know this is just a release thread, but hopefully somebody at wyze takes notice and actually helps me. A little tired of the pandemic being blamed for slow support response times. Having enough staff to respond to requests this far in isn’t really a valid excuse.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

Hi all, this is probably a different subject however, I was just wondering when I had my doorbell put on I can’t get the door bell to ring inside the house. I’m not sure if anybody else went through this?

Is your camera mounted on a thick concrete, brick, or metal wall or support beam that would block the signal from travelling inside? If so, can it be mounted somewhere outside with a thinner wall or wooden or thin aluminum wall that would not block the signal as much

Is your camera mounted on a thick concrete, brick, or metal wall or support beam that would block the signal from travelling inside? If so, can it be mounted somewhere else outside with a thinner wall or wooden or thin aluminum wall that would not block the signal as much? This probably would involve also buying a 28 VAC doorbell transformer and wiring it to the outside doorbell through a hole in the wall and powering it from a nearby 110 VAC wall outlet. This, of course, complicates the installation.

Or does the signal have to go through several walls to get to where you have plugged in your chime unit? If so, can you plug in the chime closer to the doorbell where there are less walls between it and the doorbell? You might also have to change the chime unit volume via the doorbell part of the WYZE app.

Sorry about the first, incomplete reply; I hit the send button by accident before I was done. Hope one of these solutions is doable and solves your problem.

Lew

You say you can’t get the doorbell to ring in the house, yes? Which doorbell? The old mechanical one or the little white box you plug in?

If the former, it’s not compatible and you are jumpering it off with the fuse wire so it’s no longer powered.

If the latter, did you go to Doorbell/Settings/Extended Devices/Wyze Chime and configure Tunes? Also, is the volume set to zero?

Can you place small washers or some sort of “sliver of a shim” on the side that needs adjustment? I had do something like this to fit in the small opening between the brick wall and my storm door.

Yes. I used part of a plastic knife as a shim. Stock mounts don’t point down enough so if you’re trying to see if a package is at the door, you’ll miss it.

I noticed yesterday with the new firmware I need to increase my detection settings by about +20 on the slider. Had a delivery person come and the settings I had prior and worked well didn’t detect them. My test showed that the prior settings only detected motion about 1 foot from the door.

I also noticed that when the doorbell detects motion it starts flashing to indicate where to press. This makes a handy way to gauge if your sensitivity is high enough as you increase it.

lets add one more problem …
saved videos drop in resolution

BTW no resolution drop is i record live stream only if i record clips…

That might just be compression Wyze is doing to make the video clip size smaller for faster download.