Wyze V3 Indicator Light

I need to know when the blue indicator light on the front of the camera should turn red? Is it only when your viewing live video/recording video or when? The reason I’m asking this question is because the other night I noticed it was red, but I was not on the app viewing live video. Does this mean that someone is spying on me?

This is a common misconception. It will turn red when live viewing OR when it’s recording a motion-triggered event. So it’s completely normal to see it turn red when your in front of it

3 Likes

Well what I don’t understand is I’m standing in front of it, waving my arms, moving all over the place and it’s not turning red so if it turns red when it is triggered by motion, then how come it’s not turning red when I’m waving my arms in front of it? Thanks for the response

I’ve got it set to continuously record.

If what you’re saying is, the light will turn red by triggered events, then should I not have videos of the triggered events that it recorded? Like I said, I have it set on continuously to record I don’t have any thing set to record triggered events.

I think I figured it out. Thanks for the help

There is a bug in v3 firmware version 4.36.9.139 and Cam Plus (not LITE) that keeps the light blue lit when it is uploading motion events to the cloud. Wyze knows about it and should fix it in future firmware updates.

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity, do you have Cam Plus assigned to this cam?

1 Like

This is a good question because without cam plus there is a 5 minute cooldown between cloud events, so that could be why the red light is not turning on sometimes.

Also, continuous recording to the sd card is very diffrent from event recording. You can view events that were recorded to the cloud using the events tab at the bottom of the app.

3 Likes