Wyze V3 Can't Find Network Name

Yes, I totally agree that Wyze needs to rectify these newly introduced firmware bugs.

I guess my perspective is that it doesn’t have to be same people working on a new product who work on maintenance or existing products. Lets make up a number and say they have 100 employees total (I don’t know the real number). They do not need 100% of them working on bugs. Some of those employees aren’t even developers that COULD work on bugs, but for the sake of argument, lets say that they do. So, all 100 (100%) are working on bugs and past products now. Now they hire 10 new employees as a brand new team to work on new products, and Wyze releases new products. That does not in any way take away any resources or anything from the people who were working on already existing products. Also, as they do fix up existing bugs and stabilize some of the products, they will need more stuff to do or Wyze will have to downsize and get rid of some employees. If you have been watching the Fix It Friday events over the last several months, you will have noticed that reported bugs have dropped so low that sometimes there almost not even any bugs reported on some of the platforms. Last month they even had to extend Fix it Friday and beg people to please report bugs. A lot of their products have been stabilizing fairly well over this year until this month when they had this critical security update screw up a bunch of devices.

Don’t misunderstand, there will always be bugs. Even with just a handful of lines of code it’s almost impossible to test every condition as I explain here: 2.22 app, Wyze cam v3 & Watch 47 firmware Beta Test 6/23/2021 - #82 by carverofchoice But as they clear out some critical bugs, they will have room for new products to be added anyway. At worst, the new products can be handled by an entirely new team of people, so the new products aren’t necessarily taking away anything from the needs of existing maintenance. That is why having new product launches is not concerning to me.

Having said that, I am also solidly in agreement that Wyze needs to address these recent critical bugs. I have some V3Pros that keep going offline with this new firmware and requiring me to reset them now, which was never needed before. And there are others like you who have devices that won’t boot up at all. That is definitely unacceptable, and I totally agree that it needs to be resolved as a high priority. I am in no way disagreeing or saying otherwise. :+1: If I came off that way at all, then there was a misunderstanding.

Incidentally, have you submitted a support ticket yet? Wyze has asked people with bricked cameras to make sure it gets logged through support.