Wyze v3.0.0 (519) worst and unusable

Installed Wyze v3.0.0 (519) on Android. This app is worst and totally unusable. Extremely slow to load live video from multiple cams. Sometimes the app is just stuck and is not able to load video. How I can go back to the last good version?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Bad for ios too and there is no source to go back to previous version.

4 Likes

Same here. Really slow to load!

1 Like

Doesn’t anybody ever use the search function before blindly posting? This question is asked multiple times on a daily basis.

The search tool leads to a lot of great information. :+1:

4 Likes

I would like the Wyze official guideline on how to go back to the last good version. If someone has the guideline, can you share the link? Thanks.

1 Like

There isn’t any “official “ guidelines. Wyze doesn’t want you to go back.

2 Likes

It is too bad that Wyze does not provide an official guideline on software rollback. v3 is totally unusable. I suspect if their engineers have tested the app properly before releasing it to the public. They should test the app in different real settings (not only in a lab environment with perfect networking conditions).

Clearly, the app is stuck to load live videos most of the time. Looks like the app is not designed properly as well.

1 Like

They have lots of volunteers testing beta software. You can join the beta group and do as well…

2 Likes

beta and the actual release could be very different. It is almost impossible to ask volunteers to test every code commit before the actual release, and therefore a regression or bug could happen without being noticed.

A better way is that Wyze can monitor the key performance metrics of their app, like connection failures/latency, latency to retrieve live/recorded video, app response time, so that Wyze can detect regressions/bugs in an automatic fashion, and perform software rollback if a key performance metric regresses.

Wyze should also build such an automation to test their nightly builds, rather than solely relying on volunteer beta testing. Clearly, v3.0 is a failure because of multiple regressions found.

1 Like