Wyze thermostat no connection

The Wyze thermostat won’t connect to wifi anymore. I’ve reset it, tried to re-install it multiple times, it will not configure or accept a wifi connection. I’ve uninstalled the app, rebooted my phone, everything.

I’ve given up.
I took my Honeywell wifi thermostat out of the drawer where it’s sat for many months since installing the Wyze thermostat. It connected back up without my doing anything. The app worked, it was fully configured and ready to go. I’m very disappointed in the Wyze thermostat. Oh, it also cranked the heat on and wouldn’t shut it off!
It went 4 degrees C past the set point and I had to pull the thermostat to shut it off last week.
Terrible reliability.

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @deankopp! :raising_hand_man:

I have had my Wyze Thermostat installed for a couple of years and, beyond the setup issue you also experienced, I have had no issues with it whatsoever.

One thing I learned on the setup is that I had to have WiFi, Bluetooth AND GPS enabled for it to make the connection setup to the WiFi network.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.
I did have all of those turned on as well.
Maybe I have a lemon.
The scarier thing is the heat staying on and if I wasn’t home to pull the thermostat, I don’t know how high it would have went.