Wyze Sense Contact Sensor - Frame and Door do not line up

If you need to raise The sensor on a door because of molding around it You can buy square dowels Different thickness and Cut them to Length you need

Example of one of my old ones

You could experiment with a different magnet instead of the supplied one (the small part of the contact sensor.) A stronger magnet should permit a wider gap before the switch trips.

1 Like

This is What I am going to do , I will Attach Sensor to the door , Get a small round rare earth magnet , mark the Position on Door casing or molding to line up with the sensor on the door , then drill a Counter-bore For the depth And diameter of the magnet , Glue in the magnet To the door case/Molding Or whatever .
Some cases this will work Some cases it probably won’t .
I have old ones that are similar to this Except The magnet is in the edge of the door In the sensor In the door case , It was a wired system

Have the same setup but on a basement door. If you use the door often, the top magnet can fall down. Taped and stabled the tape to the frame solved the problem.

Here’s how I installed mine. Works perfectly. It’s a proximity sensor so the parts don’t have to align end to end to work.

1 Like

brilliantly logical

What is the width of the part of V2 sensor that attaches to the door frame? I can’t easily locate this online. Anything more than 3/8", and, i don’t think it’s gonna werk for me.

wyze sense Q