Wyze Robot Vacuum Firmware Beta Testing 3/22/2021

Ah, I did not. Thanks!

1 Like

Been there :rofl:. Happy to share.

2 Likes

I have a pretty open layout. I can divide the floor of my house horizontally or vertically, but not both. You can see in the screenshot I have a vertical line splitting the living room from the kitchen and dining room. You can also see where it narrows between the kitchen and dining room, there is a doorway. But it will not let me split across that doorway. I can only anchor the lines to the exterior walls of the floor. As a result, I have to put all of these no-go lines to try and just clean my kitchen. But in the even when I try to do that, the vac insists and trying to cut through the upper part of the living room/dining room to get to my kitchen. So instead it just bumps into the no-go lines until I give up and send it home. I have resorted to picking up the vac and dropping it into the kitchen when I want it clean in there. I have to leave the no-go lines up so it doesn’t do the rest of the floor. Needless to say, given these issues and the fact we don’t have multi-floor mapping (I have a house with many small floors). My use cases for vac have been pretty limited so far. It cleans great, but the mapping has been a huge limiting factor for me. Hoping this is all fixed in updates.

Same problem here — trying to get it to clean areas makes it wall crawl to the destination, but then it gets stuck and can’t get there.

If I could just add a “door” and have it traverse open space instead of trying a perimeter crawl to get to the location, it’d be fine.

I have found that when editing your map, you need to make sure the cross hairs of where you are placing it is on the connecting wall. I was having an issue setting up room and splitting rooms, but once I set the start area (on an existing spot) and the going across the doorway (in a straight line and on the other wall or door jam) it finally snapped a line and allowed me to do the split. It is temperamental but little movements seemed to work.

Might be the same in your case.

Thanks for the tip. I just tried it again now, still no luck. When I go split the room, you can see the interior wall turns a dark color instead of light green. It is almost like the map is treating me interior wall like an obstacle instead of a wall. I can only run the room split between two sections of the light green walls.

The wall does not appear that color when viewing the map, just in editing mode.

All I need to do is run the room split straight cross the doorway where I have the right anchor situation, but it just won’t let me

1 Like

Interesting, I did not have the issue, but I only have 1 small section which I blocked off under the bed. The red circled area’s are where I had to split the rooms to make up what you saw. The mapping combined a lot of rooms together. My interior walls are not dark colored, not sure why yours are. In my mapping you can also see where my chairs are, the closets are, etc. Have you opened a ticket or submitted logs? I am sure you have but worth asking.

As a side note, I could not use the quick map as it caused major issues. Ultimately, the issue had to do with my network and sporadic signals. It would create Ghost Rooms or overlap rooms. Letting it clean and map at the same time produced what you see. I have since updated my network and so far, everything has straightened out, including my camera’s.

Interesting, thank you for the information. My map was made with the quick map feature and outside of the interior wall issue, it did a great job. I did a log submission really early on when I first got the vac, I never heard back. But in hindsight I was pretty new to the Wyze app at the time and I may have messed up the submission process. I also read of several users with similar complaints to mine at the time. I figured I would wait for the next round of major updates to see if the issues were fixed first. I noticed a post by Wyze in reddit that a large app Beta is releasing today that includes “Improved map creation and management for Wyze Robot Vacuum” .

I might sign up for the Beta of the app to give it a try. If that doesn’t resolve my issues, I should resubmit my logs again. Though I wonder how much my logs will help since there isn’t an ‘error’ it just wouldn’t let me do what I want in the app. If we can get this fixed and the eventual multi-floor mapping , I’ll be pretty happy with the vac. Just need some spare parts.

On an related note about multi-floor support, I did give it a shot. I was hoping if I dropped the vac on an ‘unknown’ floor of my house it would just ‘re-draw’ a new map and I could choose not to save it. Instead it thought it was inside a wall on my ‘mapped’ floor and just wiggled around a 10sqft area for 15 minutes.

Beta app updated tonight with notes of map edit changes. Looks like mostly menu and new grammatical mistakes. No no functionality that would correct the inside wall issues we are all seeing so don’t get excited.

Thanks! It’s odd that I didn’t have to select that for other products and I was able to see all the FW updates available for them. It only hid the robot FW update for me until I checked that box.

The updated app does not appear to address your issues. I would still signup for the beta, if you are willing to test and potentially have some issues. I have been fortunate so far. Had a little issue this morning when I installed the latest Beta app, the V3’s and Doorbell would not live stream continually. It has worked itself out though.

You may want to try and map the room while it cleans. It may correct the issue you are having with the inside walls. Changing my network components seemed to have helped a great deal. No saying you need to do it, but if you are using a Mesh Network or any network for that matters, you may want to make sure you are connected to a close AP. My previous network would lose network connectivity and then the Map would be way off. rooms shrunk to about 2 feet, but over lapped other rooms. You should see the WRV when it thinks it is trapped within 4 walls. :slight_smile:

Set a no-go-zone for this area

Uh yeah… Lol. That’s what “box out” meant. The point was I shouldn’t have to. Sorry you guys have issues keeping names for things.

Thanks again for the tips and insight. It’s disappointing to hear the update probably won’t fix things. I am seeing similar reactions in the App Beta thread as well. If I get the time I’ll sign-up for the Beta and give it a go. But the rest of my family might be upset if the vac totally freaks out and can’t even clean the living room anymore. I feel pretty confident my Wifi is good enough, I just have a straight single AC router but my place is not that big and my wifi signal is strong enough to even allow us to stream video over wifi in the yard.

Totally agree. As I update my stuff, I can keep you informed as well.

This has been happening recent to my WRV, like every other time. Once I see the dock moved I hit stop and return and it generally gets back, and moves the dock back to the correct location too. It’s very annoying since it start reimagining the map from the wrong orientation. I am still running v1.6.97 so unsure why this has started to happen.

Any ETA on multi floor mapping ?

3 Likes

As I know, it will coming soon, may be in 2.20

1 Like

Excellent News. Thank you!

Thanks. Hopefully we will have frequent firmware updates going forward as we are still at 1.6