Wyze Robot Vacuum - Alexa Voice Control is coming!

…but you can divide the floor into specific rooms. If you get “the room is too small” message, you just need to play with the map, it could be a pain sometimes, but nothing persistence cannot fix.

When will there be google home intergration?

3 Likes

Sweet! Thank you for this. I have been looking forward to this feature. I will especially be using this for room/spot cleaning.

Done! Happy to test it

Happy to hear this as I patiently wait for Google integration! Sorry, no Alexa in my house…

Excellent! I’ve added myself and Dusty to your beta tester list!

No you cannot. The inner core of my house like others is not able to be used as a wall for mapping purposes. They’ve known about this problem since the beginning and have yet to rectify it. The only walls that can be selected are outer walls that don’t have a room on the other side.

See the inner walls of my house aren’t the same color and thus will not allow the line to snap there? The closest I can get is two separate doorways in two different rooms in this example. My kitchen and my dining room in this map are called room 4.

You can do it with lots of patience. I have smaller rooms, like the bathroom in below picture and was able to split everything the way I wanted.

UPDATE: I see the color of your inner walls, so I get what you’re saying, now. That sucks :frowning:

Just a silly question. But are you working on a motion activated squirt gun mounted on the vacuum to deter my cat from playing with “Rosie” while she is working.

Thanks for the update

submitted.

i am good beta tester b/c i also have a deebot (which has integration) …not to mention xioami…and it will be good to see how amazon handles commands about different vacuums being started via specific commands… including two vacuums on the same floor level

you are 100% correct. My kitchen is ‘open concept’ into the family room and only has a half wall separating the two with an open floor plan otherwise. The mapping is unable to allow me to add a room separating the two and just views it all as one big room

That’s nice and all, but this crap about adding Alexa without adding Google ain’t gonna fly! Every other “Smart” device can incorporate them both at the same time, what gives with Wyze and Google???!!!

There are two different integrations that can be developed at different times. If you’d like to see Google added, be sure to vote on this thread like I did :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep. For those of us with this mapping issue we can’t even send the thing to a particular room to clean.

Don’t understand why that hasn’t been fixed before they go after stuff like this. Basic basic basic stuff.

My entire house will only map as 2 freaking rooms. 2000sq ft with 6 rooms. Smh.

1 Like

Done! I remember years ago when remote control ceiling fans became available. I told my wife that would be the height of laziness.

Fast forward about 20 years.

In addition to 4 remote controlled (Hubitat) fans, now I requested access to be a beta tester for something that will allow me to have the house vacuumed without lifting a finger. Yes please. And I echo the suggestion after the Alexa integration has the bugs worked out, that Google integration is next. Heading to the wishlist…

1 Like

Don’t forget to vote here if you didn’t already :wink: Although an open Wyze API, would suffice.

Already did :grinning::+1:

1 Like

@WyzeHongfei once the beta skill is enabled, will there be a beta firmware that goes with it too, or everything is done on the cloud side?

UPDATE: never mind I just saw this post

It is currently in Beta. Here are a few screen shots

1 Like

When I ask Alexa to ask WRV to stop it replies it has been stopped. It takes 5 seconds or longer which I think is just fine. Maybe Alexa should reply I have asked WRV to stop cleaning and return to it’s charger.