Wyze Plug Time Out Issues

Hi there, trying to set up four of the Wyze Plugs. We got them as early backers and am just now trying to set them up… having one heck of a time and cant get any to connect… each time they simply time out on the connection.

Ive confirmed 2.4 ghz, password is correct, data on the phone is turned off, location services is turned on for wyze, and yet I’m still having no luck. I’m running the latest iOS and latest wyze app. I have a dozen or so cameras and we know the WiFi is working… what’s stopping the app from connecting to the plugs WiFi and complete it set up?

Did you see these tips? Sounds like you hit a few of them:

Thank you, yes I did see the tips provided. At this point I’m pretty confident I have rolled the instructions as well as all of the tips provided in the post. Including having the app and iOS up to date. Ive also tried it from older iOS devises with an older firmware, but no luck either

Welcome to the community, @Jim13csulb. Could you please specify the device you’re using, and the OS version? Also, please provide the app version, as “latest” can be subjective. :slight_smile:

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. The latter method will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis.