Wyze Plug Stop Pairing Light from Blinking

I just received a pair of Wyze plugs. I can not add them to my network because my 5GHz and 2.4GHz networks share the same name and password. I don’t really care about that anyway as I don’t want to use the app. I just want to use the on/off button on the side of the plug. That works great, but the stupid pairing light won’t stop blinking. How do I make it turn off or go solid without pairing?

1 Like

Wyze Plug User Manual

He needs the plug manual, although I can’t understand why he’d get a smart switch and use as a dumb one?

3 Likes

I didn’t have any problems with this. Though, I am on iOS. It seems like something Wyze should be able to resolve somehow.

I don’t think that is a iOS issue, I think it maybe how your router is setup. Because the plug attempts to contact the router when it attempts connection to the SSID that is both 5 and 2.4, the router may steer it to only 2.4. I am not totally understanding of how that all works, but in my house I have a main SSID that is combined, and then a second SSID that is only 2.4 for all my smart home items.

@sivartk, are you able to make a guest or a second SSID network that is only 2.4 so you can use the app with the plugs?

My 5GHz and 2.4GHz networks share the same password but names are different , using the proper procedure I do not have any problems setting up plugs.
You should be able to go into your router and change the name on your 2.4 GHZ

I had to disable my 5GHz network to get it to work, but after all that trouble I am going to return them or gift them. I had it plugged into a radio and the plug emits so much RF interference, the radio is unusable, so they are basically useless to me.

He needs the plug manual, although I can’t understand why he’d get a smart switch and use as a dumb one?

I was unable to find a switched plug that is small like the Wyze plug. They all tend to be multiple outlets with a long cord which won’t work well on my counter top .

Will these work for you?

https://www.amazon.com/Grounded-Outlet-Adapter-Kasonic-Indicator/dp/B07F55MTK8/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=on+off+switch+for+outlet&qid=1571785413&sr=8-5

1 Like

Don’t gift them to anyone you like. :grinning:

1 Like