Wyze Plug(s) disconnecting after power outage and/or router power off

Wyze Fan Boy here but… losing faith in plugs but first my Wyze inventory.
Outdoor Camera = 2, Camera V1, V2 = 2, Camera V3 = 2, Lock = 1 Plugs = 9

When we have a power loss my plugs will not reconnect. If I unplug and re-plug they go back online. As it turns out it is really not the power loss but happens when the router is powered off. I have verizon Fios with, I think, a Fios/Actiontec router.
I have twice worked with Wyze support and have received boiler plate suggestion most of which I had done before calling, tried their “Route” tool , none of which worked. I did get an offer to replace them all, then i’d have a dozen that don’t work. (two had been replaced)
Also I have 3 Wemo plugs that do not have this problem.
Any ideas?
Thanks

1 Like

My guess is it’s something to do with reconnecting to the Fios router, but I’m unsure what(I don’t have Fios) Anyone with Fios who has had this issue? If so, how or did you solve it?
Any @Mavens with Fios?

I have FIOS and have no problems with Wyze Plugs automatically reconnecting upon power or WiFi restoration. I’m running 12 plugs that date from 11/2019 - 10/2020. All plugs are connected to a Google mesh network behind the Actiontec router.

2 Likes

I have four WYZE plugs, four KASA plugs, and one WEMO plug. The KASA and WEMO plugs reconnect to the wifi after my router restarts, but many times the WYZE plugs do not. I have a eero mesh wifi with great coverage all over, so it’s not the wifi signal being the issue. There is definitely something up with the plugs reconnecting after the wifi has been restarted.

Wyze engineering, where are you :slight_smile:

same issue here. It’s clear that the plugs attempt to reconnect only once. I had a power outage last night and when the plugs were back up, the internet was still restarting, so I was left with offline plugs until I manually restarted them. How hard is it to have the plugs periodically check for the saved wifi network to connect? Shouldn’t this be an easy fix?

Again, Wyze engineering and/or support , where are you???

This is primarily a user forum, it’s not constantly monitored by Wyze support or engineers.
You may want to contact Wyze Customer Support about this issue!
By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
Or online: Wyze.com/support (click the chat icon)
phone support is typically faster however this isn’t always true due to fluctuation in the amount of calls.

Been there, done that, no effective help/solutions.
No idea if anyone at Wyze besides the two techs I talked to are even aware of the issue. Would think one of the functions of this forum would be to provide real world feedback to Wyze.