WYZE Outdoor + Base

Just to clarify… To use a WYZE Outdoor there must be a base station within range, and that includes using it in Travel Mode, correct? If I wanted to use one of my Outdoor cams in Travel Mode, I would need to have a base station powered up and within range.

Thank you!

1 Like

It can be enabled on the cam or base station. It enables use of the cam w/o internet connection.

More detail options on this link: :slightly_smiling_face:
(https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038031831-Travel-Mode)

1 Like

But you do need the base station in order to manage and view images via the app on your phone, correct?

1 Like

Haven’t tried it. My understanding: you can just use your phone’s WiFi w/o internet connection.
With the Base connected (and powered) you can view up to 4 camera with your phone app.
Either way it has to be set up while connected to your home internet before leaving.

The reason I’m asking is, I set up 3 WYZE Outdoors on one base station. I decided to try to use one of them on Travel Mode. I set it in Travel Mode, the camera confirmed it was in Travel Mode, but I have been unsuccessful access it via the phone app, when in Travel Mode. That’s when I decided it must need top have a base station along with it, for the Travel Mode to be functional.

I have reset several times, and the camera works fine as long as it’s in the network. As soon as I switch to Travel Mode - zip. So, I’m assuming I’m missing a step.

1 Like