Wyze Micro SD card versus other brands

Is there a benefit to using the WYZE Brand micro SD cards verses other brands? My CAMS are a couple years old and none of them show that SD card is installed…at one point they all worked flawlessly. I’m not sure what brand I used, but I know they weren’t the WYZE brand.
What is everyone’s experiences? Should I use larger than 32gig? Should I only use WYZE brand cards?
Thanks!

Wyze brand cards work good, so do high endurance cards. Basically the same.

I definetly recommend higher than 32 when you purchase more, 128g will give you about 10 days

Wyze SD Cards are sold in 32GB SDHC and 128GB SDXC on the Wyze Web Store

Specifications:

32GB SDHC - Class 10 and UHS-1 (U1)
128GB SDXC - Class 10 and UHS-3 (U3)

Media Storage (32GB): ~2,880 minutes (48 hours) of HD video2, ~10,080 minutes (168 hours) of SD video3, and ~4,200 16MP photos4

Media Storage (128GB): ~11,520 minutes (192 hours) of HD video5, ~40,320 minutes (672 hours) of SD video6, and ~16,800 16MP photos7

Read Speed: 31MB/s
Write Speed: 12MB/s

However, I have never seen the Wyze SD Card referred to or described as High Endurance by Wyze. If they were, it would most likely be listed in the product specifications and on the SD Card, which it is not.

I always recommend users purchase a High Endurance SD card purpose built for the task.

I used off brand 32GB cards when I first started with my cams because that was the then current GB limitation of the cams and I am cheap. I quickly learned that you get what you pay for and High Endurance was important as all my original SD cards failed in the first year. I then purchased High Endurance 32GB cards, all of which are still operational when I removed them. I recently upgraded to all 256GB High Endurance Cards. There are users currently using larger cards (512GB, 1TB), however I have not yet seen any performance test results.

2 Likes

Are you using SD cards in your Wyze Cam Outdoor cam and/or base station or a different Wyze cam?

1 Like

THANK YOU!!! This is incredibly helpful!

ALL Wyze brand cards I bought failed within months of continuous recording. i now only use SanDisk High endurance cards with a very high reliability and longevity.

1 Like

Apolling! This thread suffers from a dearth of links!

Let me remedy that.