What GB SD card should I use with the Cam V2

I have 4 cam V2 didn’t know I needed SD cards when I bought them. What GB SD card works and should get

@mzdsf1470 Welcome to the community! Please see the support article below for the recommended microSD cards. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Someone here told me to get a car cam. I watch to understand sd card

3 Likes

Wyze supports 32gb only. Prevailing wisdom is to format on a PC using a full (deep format) first. This is the industry standard program for that task. SD Card Formatter
Other prevailing wisdom is to use a High Endurance card, one made for the rigors of constant recording. There are many available - here’s what I use.
High Endurance Card.
Let us know how you enjoy your cams!

1 Like

I shall be keeping an eye on this thread

• your resident Card Nerd
1 Like

Wyze supports up to 32GB which includes 8GB, 16GB and 32GB.

1 Like

@angus.black—I stand corrected. You are right in your statement. I guess I so rarely run into people wanting less rather than more storage that i don’t think in those terms

2 Likes

The party line will be 32GB. I use 64GB, 128GB and even 256GB without any issue.

The only time I have run into card issues that seems to tie in with the size of the card is when flashing firmware from the card. It does not seem to flash from a card larger than 32GB.

3 Likes