Wyze Lock battery level doesn't update when batteries changed

I have two Wyze locks that I just replaced the batteries in, but they don’t update in the app. I can’t Calibrate them because it keeps telling me that my battery level is too low, but they are brand new batteries I put in. Help!

1 Like

Are you using rechargeable batteries? Or maybe really generic ones that are cell batteries wrapped up in a AA shape (some generic batteries actually do this). When I use rechargeable batteries it starts at like 5% battery life.

1 Like

I have same problem. Replaced with brand new Costco Kirkland Signature Alkaline AAs, best by March 2031. I don’t think it is a problem with the batteries.
I tried deleting the device and reinstalled. The low battery persisted and calibration failed.

Update. I deleted the lock and the gateway from the app again. I removed the batteries from the lock and had it sit unpowered overnight. The next day I re-installed everything and so far it is working. Battery now shows at 99%.

2 Likes

This is now happening to my Wyze lock as well. My lock was at 19% using Duracell - CopperTop AA Alkaline Batteries and wouldn’t calibrate until they were replaced. I replaced them with another set, and they showed 7%.

I went out and bought a brand new set of the same (non-rechareagble) and now the device shows at 3%. Argh!

@Wyze

• Is there a specific support note here for this situation? I don’t want to have to disconnect the lock/gateway and reconnect after overnight each time.
  • Given that the lock drain power relatively fast and doesn’t play well with rechargeable batteries, can you lower or remove the threshold of calibration from 20% to 10% or something? It sucks to not be able to fully use batteries that can’t be recharged.

Thanks!

My Experiment of installing a set of Tenavolts 1.5 V AA Lithium Rechargeable Batteries is still underway.

They are still at 94%, installed on Aug 14. I’m guessing I’ll go from 94% to 0% (or whatever is considered dead by the Wyze Lock) in the blink of an eye. But I’m ok with that, if I can get many more charge cycles out of the rechargeable batteries.

I’ve made it a month so far, so I’m good with this so far. If I make it another month or two…, then it was more than worth the small additional cost of these batteries.

SJ

3 Likes

I reported this bug in the current fix it Friday event

3 Likes

Any update on this? Encountered it last night after changing batteries and battery level still hasn’t updated after 12 hours.

Any updates?

@Coxjc I had the same thing happen with mine when I changed the batteries. I cleared the app cache after a day ish of waiting for the battery level to update and that fixed the issue. After clearing the cache the battery level showed as 100% and it has slowly dropped from there in the last 2 months, down to 84% today.

No official announcement (those are reserved for the highest-voted issue), but I do know that the community manager reads and looks into each submission, including this one, and passes on the relevant info to the appropriate teams to look into it. I am actually about to test this again. My batteries are close to dying and I’m going to put in new batteries and try to replicate your issue and if I can replicate it I will also get logs and pass on up to the devs. I’m just waiting for the battery to fully die first, just in case that helps makes a difference this time.

1 Like

Same problem for me…Rather annoying Wyze…please fix this bug.