Wyze lock won’t calibrate

Hello team,

I just got a Wyze Lock, and I cannot complete the calibration process. The firmware is up to date.

All goes well but at the last step. It opens the lock, then the spinning wheel goes for 10 seconds, and then says it failed.

I have checked that I am using the right blue adaptor, for the thin and diagonal metal plate.

I have tried to:
-Remove and add back the lock from the app
-Remove batteries from the lock and start all over
-Unplugged and plug back the satellite
-Clear the app cache
-Ensured that I can easily lock and unlock without any resistance

1 Like

Hi @sylvain.

Was this resolved with the other issue?

Hello,

It was not. This happened after the batteries issue. Actually, the unit would randomly tell me that I was at 20% battery level.

Also in an effort to try to solve that calibration issue, I removed the device and start the setup from scratch a bunch of times. It would sometime give me the same “not enough battery to complete the calibration process”.

I reached out to customer support that is sending a replacement.

1 Like

Gotcha. Sorry for all the issues the device gave you and glad to hear support is getting you squared away.

Again, Welcome to the community. Lot’s of good stuff here in Tips and Tricks and the Wishlist.

I have the exact problem with my Wyze Lock. After the unit was low in battery, I replaced the battery and the lock would not autolock. I removed the Lock from the app but it always fail on the calibration part at the end. Is there a solution to this problem? I would like to know.

The solution was to get a replacement unit.

Got it. Was the replacement from Wyze as part of warranty? I purchased my lock July 28, 2021.

I had just received mine, so it was a defective item out of the box.

Wyze just sent me a replacement lock as well and I am all good now.

I had the wyze lock working for a little less than a year. Since couple of days back, it has been complaining that it needs to be calibrated, but nothing seems to work. Tried changing the batteries, uninstalled the wyze lock app. basically done what sylvain tried

Remove and add back the lock from the app
-Remove batteries from the lock and start all over
-Unplugged and plug back the satellite
-Clear the app cache
-Ensured that I can easily lock and unlock without any resistance

But nothing seems to work.
Any tips how to fix this?

I have a brand new lock and with brand new batteries and can’t get it to calibrate. Sad this is still an issue as I see this has been a problem for a few years from the posts I’ve read.

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @jlawre23!

So the install and setup of the lock was successful?

Do you have your Bluetooth enabled on your phone and near the Lock so that it can pair with the Lock when calibrating?

Is your app connecting to the server correctly when you are calibrating? Is there a VPN App in use?

Are you following the calibration steps outlined within the online instructions or just those within the app?

1 Like

Yup. The lock eve locks and unlocks as the calibration steps state it will do at the end. Then it fails. Returned it to Amazon for a new one.

So the issue isn’t with calibration as that completes successfully. The problem is with the execution of locking and unlocking from within the App after it is calibrated?

It’s just says calibration fails. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Interesting. Hope you have better luck with the replacement.