Wyze lock and google home integration

Why is it that the Outdoor cam is expected to have google assistant Integration soon and the Lock has been supposed to have it “soon” for 7+ Months… Wyze I have been waiting for the lock to get google home integration since it came out because that is a serious advantage I wanted it to come with and without it I am getting frustrated because it defiantly said “coming soon” and still says that … I would have never purchased the lock without it. How soon… it’s been 7 months.

1 Like

I’ve wanted this too!
They are working on it. It looks like it coming soon…

It says Q3 which means hopefully by end of September we should be hearing more (we normally see things at the end of the promise window). I am also really looking forward to this (thought it had it when purchased, so my confusion), yet I will say that integrating WCO was probably easier because it is ‘just another camera’ whereas the lock is something new.
Even so, can @UserCustomerGwen or someone get us an update? Will this be in Beta testing soon?

1 Like

I’ll check with @JonathanF. I don’t have info on this yet.

2 Likes

Eagerly anticipating the arrival of the integration.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen Were you able to get an update on this with @JonathanF ? Really looking forward to that integration with GH. thank you!

2 Likes

Sorry for my delay! We don’t have an update on this yet but we’re still planning on the integration happening.

1 Like

Yes it would be fantastic to have Google home integration your product is definitely more robust than August but without Google home integration it’s something I probably won’t invest too heavily in

1 Like

Hi,

Any update on the matter? Appreciate it if you can share any information. Thanks in advance!

I’m sorry, there isn’t an update on this yet. But I’ll poke the team about it again. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

A Wyze Lock is definitely on my Christmas wish list if there’s a Google Home integration. I’d also love to know if this is a native integration within the Google Home app where I could lock/unlock via the app or if it’s simply a Google Assistant/voice integration.

2 Likes

We’re working on the Google integration now! But I don’t have a lot of details about it yet. I know that it will be voice activated. I suspect you’ll also be able to use it in the app but I can’t swear to that yet.

4 Likes

+1 waiting for this (since months)

2 Likes

This is all I’ve been waiting for to plunge for a wyze lock! Thanks for the work on this

I invested pretty heavily in the Wyze ecosystem with the expectation that Google Home integration was going to be a given. Hell, my lock was advertised as “works with google” , clearly that was not the case.

Your team has time to develop multiple new products so you can keep bringing in the money but you are refusing to take care your existing client base.

We don’t need a new watch or an updated camera, not yet at least. What we need is Home integration, and we need it before you roll out all of these new products.

I pre-ordered the vacuum, doorbell and thermostat already with the hopes that home integration for existing products would be delivered by years end, but now I am concerned we are going to go through the same thing with each of these. I am now on the fence about cancelling these pre-orders and just going with a whole new ecosystem.

Its at the point where the value lost is becoming greater than the value saved.

2 Likes

On the money comment! I had a Wyze lock on old home, and a couple of cameras. Decided not to wait on thermostat for new home. Cameras are on hold. Irrigation on hold. Doorbell on hold. At some point I will have to ditch Wyze and pay a bit more to get the integration I need so the other family members don’t have to install and run multiple apps on their phone.

2 Likes

I have been hearing this since I purchased the lock, and I was one of the people who preordered it. Then we were told 3 qtr. Now you don’t have a expected date to release. This is totally unacceptable. I worked in IT for over 20 years and this would never be accepted at any of the companies I worked for. You have plenty of time to turn out new products yet no time to deliver what you promised for existing products. Until this is taken care of, Not only will I not but another Wyze product, I am telling anyone who asked me to avoid Wyze until they prove customer support is more important then making money.

2 Likes

FYI that this @Mods that this seems to be duplicate of: Linking Wyze Lock to Google Home/Assistant

I’ve been waiting a year and almost a half if you count the preorder promise stating integration coming in 2020

1 Like

Just got my Wyze Lock, it’s my first Wyze product and I’ve gotta say, though the lock seems fairly well made, I don’t think I’ll be buying any more of their products. I can’t believe how long some of you have been waiting for Google Home integration. Especially when it was clearly advertised on many platforms as working with Google.

What kind of smart home company continues to funnel money into new products while still lacking integration with the leading smart home platform? They clearly care more about pumping out products to take our money than creating quality products.