Linking Wyze Lock to Google Home/Assistant

Hi y’all,

I received my lock today and installed it. All seems to be working fine, except it’s not showing up in Google Home/Assistant menu. (I have an iPhone, but have a google nest Speaker and display). All of my cameras show up fine both in the Wyze app and in my Google Home app, but the lock isn’t showing up in Google Home (obviously I have Wyze linked to my Google Home account).

I’ve searched online, and can’t find any info about having to link the lock separately to Google Home, so am assuming it’s supposed to show up automatically once it’s in the Wyze app and I update/refresh the Google Home app, but no luck.

Am I missing something? I’d like to be able to unlock the door by voice when I’m home, and is a big part of the reason I bought the lock.

Thanks.

12 Likes

@JonathanF Is google integrated with the lock?

2 Likes

Google Home integration is in our long term plan. We don’t have a timetable for its release right now.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply. That bites though … I had thought it was already integrated. But digging deeper into the information, I see that it says coming in 2020. I would have held off, but kinda late now. Lol

13 Likes

I have 3 Wyzecams(V2) and they have been added to my Google Home without any problem.
Recently I installed a Wyze Lock and tried to add it to my Google Home. The Google Home doesn’t recognize it at all. I unlinked and reconnected my Wyze account from Google Home several times, but it didn’t help. Every time, Google Home recognized only the cameras but didn’t see the Lock.
Does anybody have the same issue?

6 Likes

The Wyze Lock cannot be added to Google Home at this time. Wyze is working on it but they haven’t given a firm date.

2 Likes

it works amazon alexa sort of

1 Like

Any updates on the Google assistant integration we need this functionality since not everybody uses Alexa?

8 Likes

Yes, please post an update so we at least know what is going on.

The integration with Googlehome is one of the main reasons I got this lock. Don’t let me regret my choice.

9 Likes

Any updates on Google Home integration?

3 Likes

Is there any update on google integration yet? I bought the WYZE lock, because it is advertised as “Works with google assistant” and after installing, it didn’t work. opened ticket with support and they told me it doesn’t work with google. what??? This is a very bad way of doing business, advertising product as google compatible when you already know it is not. Please provide us update.

6 Likes

I just got my wyze lock today and everything works beautifully except it will not allow me to bring it into Google Home and use the assistant to control it just like everybody else is complaining about here. Am I missing something? All my cams my sensors and light bulbs from wyze all work fine and show up in the Google Home app for control by assistant but my lock will not.

1 Like

How is this a long term plan? It has since been changed but when first advertised it said would work with Alexa and Google home. Only after purchase did I notice you changed description to say it would be added later. I still have not installed and won’t until this feature is active. I also have a number of people who I mentioned lock to who wanted me to install it for them but again I won’t until this feature is up and running.

2 Likes

Any update on timetable for Google Home integration with Wyze Lock? I know Google integration has historically taken longer than expected, yet wanted to voice this is still an important feature and a reason I was excited about the lock is Wyze’s commitment to Alexa, Google Home, and IFTTT integrations. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @russrevell and @SoaringEagle09,

We are looking at Q3 2020 for the Wyze Lock/Google Home implementation.

13 Likes

Thanks for the update! That is really coming up fast given June is next week! Appreciate all the efforts!

When is Q3 for Wyze? I agree it seems a bit of false advertising when it says works with Google and then doesn’t. Definitely thinking about returning and getting something already set up with Google. Super disappointed :pensive:

3 Likes

I hope the Q3 is solid… I believe it said May 2020 originally…then was changed…I guess I will give it another 3 more months…but this should be the standard now…

4 Likes

I don’t know if it’s the same for WYZE, but a typical quarterly division for a calendar year would be as follows:

*The standard calendar quarters that make up the year are as follows: January, February, and March ( Q1 ) April, May, and June ( Q2 ) July, August, and September ( Q3 ) October, November, and December ( Q4 )

Quarter (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) Definition - Investopedia - Apr 27, 2020

Fiscal Quarters (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4)

1 Like

@JonathanF Any updates on this? Will this be happening in August or September?

8 Likes