Linking Wyze Lock to Google Home/Assistant

Yes, please post an update so we at least know what is going on.

The integration with Googlehome is one of the main reasons I got this lock. Don’t let me regret my choice.

9 Likes

Any updates on Google Home integration?

3 Likes

Is there any update on google integration yet? I bought the WYZE lock, because it is advertised as “Works with google assistant” and after installing, it didn’t work. opened ticket with support and they told me it doesn’t work with google. what??? This is a very bad way of doing business, advertising product as google compatible when you already know it is not. Please provide us update.

6 Likes

I just got my wyze lock today and everything works beautifully except it will not allow me to bring it into Google Home and use the assistant to control it just like everybody else is complaining about here. Am I missing something? All my cams my sensors and light bulbs from wyze all work fine and show up in the Google Home app for control by assistant but my lock will not.

1 Like

How is this a long term plan? It has since been changed but when first advertised it said would work with Alexa and Google home. Only after purchase did I notice you changed description to say it would be added later. I still have not installed and won’t until this feature is active. I also have a number of people who I mentioned lock to who wanted me to install it for them but again I won’t until this feature is up and running.

2 Likes

Any update on timetable for Google Home integration with Wyze Lock? I know Google integration has historically taken longer than expected, yet wanted to voice this is still an important feature and a reason I was excited about the lock is Wyze’s commitment to Alexa, Google Home, and IFTTT integrations. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @russrevell and @SoaringEagle09,

We are looking at Q3 2020 for the Wyze Lock/Google Home implementation.

13 Likes

Thanks for the update! That is really coming up fast given June is next week! Appreciate all the efforts!

When is Q3 for Wyze? I agree it seems a bit of false advertising when it says works with Google and then doesn’t. Definitely thinking about returning and getting something already set up with Google. Super disappointed :pensive:

3 Likes

I hope the Q3 is solid… I believe it said May 2020 originally…then was changed…I guess I will give it another 3 more months…but this should be the standard now…

4 Likes

I don’t know if it’s the same for WYZE, but a typical quarterly division for a calendar year would be as follows:

*The standard calendar quarters that make up the year are as follows: January, February, and March ( Q1 ) April, May, and June ( Q2 ) July, August, and September ( Q3 ) October, November, and December ( Q4 )

Quarter (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) Definition - Investopedia - Apr 27, 2020

Fiscal Quarters (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4)

1 Like

@JonathanF Any updates on this? Will this be happening in August or September?

8 Likes

@JonathanF Any update on the Google Assistant integration? End of Q3 means before end of September?

Thank you!

1 Like

I must agree with everybody else’s complaints I had just purchased this last week for the purposes of integrating with my smart home and it was very clearly advertised as being compatible with Google home where I purchased it. now I come to see only in this forum that it’s in fact not. Google home integration is clearly very important to most people who would purchase this item. Before now I’ve only been happy and thrilled with wyze products but I’m beginning to reconsider that after this miscommunication in advertisement leaves me extremely disappointed. I can only hope that this Q3 goal is a true, although I do think I’ll be returning it now for a different product. Sorry to be so blunt but I felt my need to express my opinions on this

4 Likes

I would like to add my voice to the chorus asking for an update on the Lock integration with Google Assistant. I have been very happy with my Wyze products to date (Pan Cam, sensors, bulbs) but it won’t feel like a complete solution while only some work with the Google Assistant.

2 Likes

@dlewanda @83nj1

I agree with your statements. Just FYI I wouldn’t expect to get it anytime soon because so far they have not been consistent. @JonathanF was saying a end of Q3 estimate, but per @UserCustomerGwen reply on the other thread I asked her she said

" We don’t have an update on this yet but we’re still planning on the integration happening.".

So it just sounds like an afterthought to me. Like “one day it’ll come” but don’t wait for it… I asked specifically for an estimate and it went from Q3 to “planning on the integration happening”…that’s not reassuring to me lol

1 Like

There is no integration with Google Home although Wyze advertised an integration and that is the reason that I purchased Wyze. August has a similar item but it was about $25 more than the Wyze product and so I purchased Wyze. It really was disappointing that when I set it up, it did not see the Lock, while it does show my cameras. It really is a blatant misrepresentation of their product and it is a certainty that there are means to address this. Wyze now says that they will have this integration during the third quarter which ends September 30, If there is no integration at that time, one will still be able to seek damages from Wyze because there is written and documented information from Wyze that it was already compatible with Google Home when most purchased the locks.

5 Likes

I was a big fan of Wyze and I still am somewhat. I have 5 Wyze products. Wyze Lock’s lacking Google Home integration is really disappointing. So are Wyzecam’s Google Home Hub streaming capability and stability. I would have bought the outdoor cam immediately if the Lock and the Wyzecam worked as advertised. Wyze should know that it is losing its reliability.

4 Likes

On top of everyone else chimmimg in sharing the same viewpoint on Google home integration, I would have to agree with @richardnorton50, I had decided to be committed to wyze after witnessing a great level of communication and collaboration with it’s community. And even when wyze owned up to mistakes such as the case was when replacement cams were sent out free of charge after a defect was reported. And while I feel a bit slighted by this I’m hopeful someone can clear this up as they had in the past by acknowledging the false advertisement / misunderstanding, offering a clear goal and path to providing a solution and buy offering frequent updates on the status.

This is really frustrating, no word from any of these guys about when the integration will be done. They are probably too busy building the smart space heater :joy::joy:, I dont know about anyone else but I sure am not buying any wyze products until the integration is done, because I was told it works with Google when I bought the product.

4 Likes