Wyze Light Strip: The Ultimate Set-your-vibe Light - 7/13/21

Few questions.

1. Can you control each individual LED or just a zone?
  2. It says 16 zones, I assume 16ft strip has 160 LEDs, so 10 LEDs per zone?
  3. Do you set same color for each zone or can you have diff colors within a zone?

Does anyone know what the official lumen output is? I saw on the specs page it reads:

“Red(1.0lm/LED at 20mA) *30pcs/meter)”

Does this mean that the red color is 1 lumen times 30 (so 30 lumens) in 1 meter? If so, that’s only 90 lumens in about 9 feet which seems on the dimmer side to me…can anyone confirm is (or better yet, what lumens “white” light produces)?

I just want to make sure this would be a good product for under cabinet lighting for my kitchen…

Thanks!

I had the same concerns for the same use. That is why I only bought 1 Pro Light Strip for now. I did watch their promo video a few times and in one scene it implies that when used as under cabinet lights it was pretty bright. Guess I’ll find out in a couple of months.

Same here. The video does imply bright under-lighting - it’s just hard to imagine 30 lumens per meter looking that way. Maybe they meant to say 300 lumens which would get closer to some other products that offer similar output? (e.g. some popular brands through Amazon tout 1100 lumens for 9.8 feet - which is about 336 lumens/meter…)

Yeah seems dim. All I know is I preordered the pro but am skeptical that their price point and peroduct will be severely outmatched. I own a lot of RGB/RGBIC strips from all kinds of vendors with the majority now with Govee. My preorder actually cost more than Govee’s mainline RGBIC’s at twice the length and about the same as their brand new pro versions with the big difference being in the software. Wyze as of late hasn’t been the best with meeting their own claims to product functions and it seems once they get it released it is long waits for the updates and firmware that adds the skills. I did hear they are possibly finally close to adding the alexa skill for the robot vacuum which I really do hope comes but like the 3 in 1 temp sensors are MIA, Alexa built in to the buds pro and the buds reg both not built in (found you can still connect her just iuts her being the smart one and not the other way around). I really hope that the robot vacuum does get the integration and those temp sensors for the thermostat get made. Anyways Govee has an enormous community and right from the box their strips have 60+ themes, 4-8 music modes, very robust DIY section, and they have themes every month where new ones are created by them for use. You can share and use any other creators effects too so it never gets old. I’m sure their lights will be adequate and I really like the brand but yeah that will be hard to compete unless they bring their prices down

1 Like

Thanks so much, Superdeleted, for the additional info - that’s really helpful! I think I’m going to “wait and see” on the Wyze strips, or perhaps just purchase some Govee in the meantime. I appreciate it!