Wyze Leak Sensor/Climate Sensor Audible Notification

Since it seems Alexa doesn’t natively support leak sensors, I’m thinking we can do a workaround by creating a virtual switch using a webhook.

For example, @SlabSlayer taught me that I could create virtual switches for nearly anything using Alexa by leveraging this free tool:

He had me create a new Trigger there, and then I use a program like Macrodroid (or others will work like Tasker, etc), to watch my phone notifications…then if any notification says the special word(s) like “Leak” from the Wyze app, then we can have it push a change of state to that virtual switch using the webhook URL…and then Alexa will see that trigger and we can have it then do any action we want.

Doing this, we can add leak sensors into Alexa.

However, that specific option will only work with Android. iOS doesn’t like to allow customizability stuff like that. So for the iOS users, maybe we can do the same thing with IFTTT or Home Assistant, or Hubitat or maybe something else that allows for webhooks or triggered URLs somehow. I don’t know iOS well enough to make such suggestions, but I know for sure that a workaround for this should be doable in Android after SlabSlayer taught me how to do it that way.

2 Likes