Wyze Headphones rebooting

The audio cable doesn’t have the microphone option so not good for calls. My patience BBN with waiting for Wyze to correct is about done. Real really love the comfort but it is becoming a bad joke trying to use them now.

Wyze come on please fix.

Having the same issue. I bought the Wyze Outdoor Cam and was very disappointed and now this is happening with the headphones. Hopefully this can be taken care of quickly even though it looks like the problem has been around for a while.

It seems like the latest release 2.1.126 resolves this issue. I was also getting disconnected (buzz sound) and reconnected after 30 minutes on Webex and Gotomeeting.

I updated to new firmware v2.1.126 thinking that the issue would be resolved as it was mentioned in the release notes. The issue did not happen during the first half yesterday but started happening in later half and then today. The headphones have restarted 6 times since the firmware update. The frequency is lesser than before. Earlier it was every 30 mins into a two-way video call. Now its more than that. I don’t have any experience with webex or gotomeeting and all of my experience was on MS teams/Zoom on MacOSX.

1 Like

@vagdwd you are right. It happened again this morning. It did not happen yesterday when I set the shutdown to never. Today I tried with 15mins, nothing happened for like 45mins but it then disconnected and reconnected as before again.

I was hoping this would be fixed and so I can pickup another set. I think Wyze needs to spend more effort to analyze this again especially now that many are working from home and on long conference calls.

Well, I was hopeful after some of the recent comments here. My headphones finally didn’t reboot a million times in a day. Fortunately, it’s less frequent. However, it still happens, even with auto power-off disabled. :confused: Progress, I guess?

Update: This is now happening MORE frequently than before. Up to several times an hour.

This started for me in the last 7 to 8 days even before I installed the latest update. The update didn’t help either. Does support even comment here?

No, for the most part this is a user to user forum, occasionally someone from Wyze will bounce around, the better way to get support is to contact them

WYZE Support

Live support is available:

+1-206-339-9646

Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT

Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

Does a proper response from support include ignoring multiple emails and then sending a canned autoresponse saying “sorry you’re having trouble- have you considered checking these troubleshooting links?” (none of which address this specific issue)?

…because that’s been my experience. The best response I’ve gotten was “we’re aware of this issue”, which is, obviously, a non-answer unless there is actually an effort to resolve this.

That definitely should not be the response I would want. I would try calling them and see if that works better. Have you received a ticket number from them?

Oh yes, I certainly did get a ticket number. When I pushed the issue, they suggested I submit this as a “wishlist” item and asked for additional details. I sent the additional details within a day and expressed my dissatisfaction that a functional device be considered a “wishlist item” - that was just about 3 weeks ago, and not a peep since.

I should add, this was also after three weeks of not getting ANY response whatsoever to my original ticket request, which resulted in WYZE eventually saying “oh, ok, we can replace this under warranty”, which they did and (surprise surprise) there was no difference in the new set.

Wyze support and Wyze forums are two entirely different entities which evidence indicates rarely communicate

Why, in the name of common sense, do we have to jump thru so many hoops to get the support that Wyze constantly says is available??

Sad sad sad that Wyze is not updating us all on a fix. Meanwhile I get an email about being an earlier supporter of the Wyze headphones and a code to purchase another one at 10% off.

I just ordered a new headset for $49 but not from Wyze.

1 Like

If I was an employee I might have insight on that question. I just have seen better reports with people calling support rather than email or chat.

Someone on Reddit suggested that it is related to having the headphones connected to two devices. Try disconnecting one device and see if it helps. I’m trying that now.

Tried that with a whole new headset and still same issue.

The GoWork arrived this afternoon. Was only able to take one 30 minute call and no crash and worked great. Cushions not as nice as Wyze headphones but will see using it more tomorrow. But heck if it doesn’t crash in a middle of a call I’ll take it.

I’m seeing what to do next with my Wyze headphones. May do what others do and use for cutting the grass. Sad but Wyze has totally missed the mark.

I did one last time reach out to Wyze support. A joke. Below is what they asked me to do.

Does it disconnects on our app? If it is;
Check your Bluetooth connection.
Wyze Headphones use a Bluetooth connection only , not WiFi. If you’re having connection issues, follow these steps:

1. Move the Wyze Headphones close (within 30 feet) to your mobile device.
  2. Force close the Wyze app, then reopen it.
  3. Turn off your Bluetooth connection, then turn it back on.
  4. Navigate to the Wyze Headphones screen in the app and wait for it to sync.