Wyze Floor Lamp Upgrades Your Craft or Comfy Zone - 4/13/21

It actually does not…LOL :rofl:

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen
When are these supposed to ship ? I don’t see it anywhere

We do NOT recommend disconnecting the wire. :grimacing:

At least not if you want a warranty. And, you know, safety stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I don’t recommend it either :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Exactly this and the fact buying multiple items shipping is per item and not combine per order. Order two and you pay the shipping cost of what would be a third item and for the USPS system which they are using for mailing out the products who definitely has deals for high supply clients there is something dubious with this. I almost jumped for two but then I saw the shipping cost and noped right out. With current company issues, the lack of listening to customer demands on current products and failed promises for legacy users along with failure to respond to customer service emails lately this has soured me a little on Wyze

1 Like

We apologize for leading you to feel that way and understand where you’re coming from. I will share your post with the team.

1 Like

The bulb in my current crafting floor lamp gets hot, so I can’t use it during the summer. Does the Wyze floor lamp remain cool to the touch at all times? If so, then this is just what I need.

I don’t believe that this will avoid heating and generally don’t recommend touching bulbs. But I’ll bring this up with the team! :slight_smile:

I need to read the fine print I guess and answer my own question :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

:joy: I appreciate your self-empowerment!

2 Likes

For a future related product, please consider offering a version with a rechargeable battery pack. I’d happily pay $100 for one since there is no outlet near my favorite reading chair and I don’t really want to run a cord across the room or have an outlet installed in the hardwood floor. There are plenty of floor lamps, but this would be something to distinguish the Wyze product. And yes, I realize the battery wouldn’t last forever.

1 Like

That makes sense! Thanks for the suggestion, @TravelGeek. :slight_smile:

I was left disappointed learning more about the product. I get it, it’s a task lamp with focused light, at a specific color temperature to provide the best quality of light possible. Cool, that could be useful.

But, using words like “smart light” and “AI-enabled” in the headlines sets me up to expect a product that can 1) use Alexa or Google Assistant, 2) (for a light) is tunable, 3) can be controlled through a web interface from anywhere (not just through a local Bluetooth connection).

I get it, the “AI” (really just applied statistics) figures out a preferred schedule and runs with it. The terms you’ve used make sense technically, but they leave me expecting a lot more.

It seems like a good light, and I could probably use two in my workshop. I’m just not sold yet, as the “smart” features don’t really live up to your comparable products like the just-released smart color bulbs. It may be wise and useful to come up with terminology that distinguishes this from your full-featured smart products (the ones with rules integrations), and use completely different terminology for your “dumb” products. I’d honestly classify this lamp as a non-smart (or maybe half-smart) product based on its limited featureset compared to your bulbs.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback and I’ll share that with the team. We apologize for that confusion and appreciate you walking us through it! :slight_smile:

For what it’s worth, I wasn’t sold on the lamp when I first heard about it. But I’ve found that it really does have a place in my life and I’m so glad that I received one. I’m thinking about buying another. I use Google Assistant for most of my lighting so there was definitely an adjustment period. But the ability to use the remote and put it wherever I want (even using it from other rooms) has made it a limited issue for me. For when I’m doing a specific task (painting, reading, etc.), this lamp fits my needs better than any other lighting experiences I personally have had.

3 Likes

Huge Wyze fan customer here! Love the creativity, designs, and cost of your products! Proud owner of about (10) v.2 cams, (8) v.3 cams, (2) Pan Cams, (2) 47mm Watches. Would love to buy two or more of these new floor lamps, but can anything be done on shipping? Loyal customer promo code? Bundle deal? I would love to jump-in on the pre-orders as I have in the past, even though it gives me anxiety waiting to try out the new products! Lol Luckily, I found some v.3 cams at my local electronics store when they went on backorder here on the website. Nonetheless, please let me know!

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I don’t have any coupons or things like that. But I’ll share your feedback with the team and appreciate you asking! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Darn, I thought it said Flood Lamp! :disappointed:

It looks great and I usually would be one to buy a new Wyze product but it’s almost like Wyze is going in reverse. This should have been something smart that has capabilities to connect to smart assistants. Honestly if it was built on Thread and worked with HoneKit I would have purchased one today. I would have placed it in my office and added it to my automation to turn off when I leave the house or on my goodnight scene but it doesn’t integrate with anything. Bluetooth should always be a secondary way of controlling a smart device and never the primary. It’s too slow and unreliable.

I really hope more products come out from Wyze later this year that really hit on being smart… bonus if they finally get HomeKit going.

1 Like

I ordered one form my wife. She works on Quilts with her mom and need to have a decent lamp when working on the fine stitching, cutting and ironing. This could not have come at a more perfect time.

5 Likes

For the most part you guys are great and I have been a supporter since back to when all the company had were just the v1 camera. A good company recognizes it’s mistakes and owns up to them and thus that garners stronger brand loyalty. Plus thinking outside the box is what got this company off the ground,

2 Likes