Wyze Floor Lamp Upgrades Your Craft or Comfy Zone - 4/13/21

I was just scrolling through my emails and saw this. I needed a new floor lamp for my bedroom so I pre-ordered it. Can’t wait :slight_smile:

Looks nice, but I am currently using an LED desk lamp that I got at my local dollar store for eh… $1. Nothing fancy but works great for me.

3 Likes

Same here. I was going to order two of them and the cost of shipping doubled while tax was an additional $8. It basically came out to 40% of the cost was shipping and tax. For the limited features of the light, I felt the 29.99 was good but not if I had to pay $18 on top of that. So in the end, I’m out.

2 Likes

It’s already been stated that they ship individually.

I got the email and like I have done with almost every other Wyze product clicked the link immediately. This may be perfect for my Wife’s Puzzle Table and I thought one may be perfect for me and my scroll sawing. However without any deal for shipping I opted to just order one.

While I appreciate that shipping isn’t cheap, I ship packages routinely myself, I did not appreciate that there was no reduction for multiple lamps. I know that it has been said that these will be shipping individually what I don’t get is WHY. I can’t believe that no one considered that folks may want to order multiples?

Anyway, as I said I ordered one and down the road if the lamp proves to be worthwhile I will probably order another (or 2 assuming shipping gets modified for multiple items…)

1 Like

How is this “AI-enable” ? Its an overpriced spot light, and their giving people a cardboard cover as a special gift…

The AI part is it learning how bright you like it. What else would you expect. It’s also a true color light, color selectable lights have uneven spectrums, which may not matter for casual use, but for things like art or photography, the wrong light means your result when taken into another light doesn’t look like you expected.

I’m wondering how you get that kind of pricing on UPS, seems extremely low.
As a test I put into UPS the sending address my last order came from in Washington, and delivery to my address, and guessed at 15 lbs, 18x18x8 for dimensions. Lowest cost option was over $25.
24x24x24 at 15 lbs costs $112.94

You’re not the only one; their products are inexpensive because they are cheap quality. They release them before they are full ready, so they can sell the product to get money and use customers as test rats to find issues instead of putting more time/money into R&D.

I got locked out of my house, because of their smart lock. I did the lock/unlock combo to put it into Trash mode, but it locked itself anyways while I was taking the trash to the street. Had to wait an 2 hours, outside in my PJs for a locksmith to come, and $80 for them to open the door.

Way would an aluminum floor lamp weight 15lbs? Also, companies get discounts for bulk shipping.

1 Like

WyzeGwendolyn said the lamp weighs a bit over 12 lbs. The base alone is 5 lbs, because a floor lamp shouldn’t be top heavy. With packaging I rounded up to 15.
But I was replying to a post claiming shipping 24x24x24 10-25 lbs only cost $6-$10. Discounts for bulk shipping aren’t going to take off 90%

Yes, that sort of price reduction is not inconceivable. I used to work in a paper warehouse shipping out reams of paper. a 10-15lb box about that size would only be $3-6 total for shipping. UPS makes consumers pay through the nose.

1 Like

I wish you added integration of the new lamp with home monitoring hub via Bluetooth. It will allow to use lamp in automation. Hub will act like a bridge.

I think shipping prices have gone up significantly in recent years with all carriers though. Like doubled at least in most cases, for both consumers and businesses.
Shipping isn’t what’s stopping me from buying though, it’s just I haven’t convinced myself that I need/could use/have a place for it.

1 Like

You guys really need to stop. I can’t keep up. Yeah I ordered one, yeah I saw the shipping. Still purchased, Not everything can ship for free. It’s the taxes, I hate taxes. Looking forward to getting the lamp and my hand held vacuum.

Have WYZE, will purchase :relaxed:

Any plans on making a GU24 Wyze Bulb? I have an existing lamp that I like, but I wanna make the bulb smart instead of using a smart plug on it.

This is quote of shipping a 24 x 24 x 24 box within Califoronia with drive distance of about 80 miles. I intentionally put just 1 lb as package and UPS is charging for 100 lbs! due to dimensional weight both UPS and FEDEX are charging. Shipping of big boxes are very expensive !

2 Likes

What is the length of the power cord from the base to the plug?

Couple items I’ve ordered from Wyze come through the POS USPS, not UPS. but can’t say for sure they only use USPS. However shipping for companies are always cheaper, and unless you select fast shipping the package will come at the the slowest shipping rate/speed.

Not sure what you clicked around on UPS, but I’ve sent many decently weighted packages from Florida to Illinois for less than $15 using ground shipping speed.