Wyze Finally Works With Google Assistant!

The Hot Start method doesn’t work for me either.

Yes. I’m getting the feedback that this is failing for several people. We have been upgrading the Wowza servers and are not quite done yet. Once this is completed, I will work with the engineering team to start the changes to remove the audio channel.

3 Likes

Mine is working ok it has lag though & a lot of buffering

Hot Start not working for me either. Every time I try this I have Google saying “It looks like the stream is unavailable from Cam 1” or Cam 2. I am running the most recent version of the firmware, according to the Wyze app, and have power cycled the cameras. I note that I commented that this “trick” of re-issuing the command to restart the process didn’t work on January 3, 2019.

While nothing works for me and I’ve pretty well given up on Wyze (for now), as after 2 years this problem continues, neither cutting out the sound channel or having to issue commands 2 or more times in a row is a viable solution. I purchased the camera based on their advertised functionality which appears to have been vapourware. (Gosh, I haven’t used that term for a long time, fits though doesn’t it.)

I want to thank the Wyze and Google teams for their efforts on this problem and I eagerly await their solution at which point I see more cameras will be in my future.

Be well and stay safe :mask:.

Hot start was working great for me until the Wowza server upgrades started. Hoping it works again once that is stabilized. I’m assuming that’s why most people are having problems currently, because it was working perfectly for a while right after the explanation.

Hi guess want I got up this morning to check my wyze cameras and my 2x V3 none off them was working with google got black screen in the middle of the screen saying wyze.com it’s was a wasted time wyze taking the audio from camera I unlinked to camera linked them again still the same not working what a joke even the Chinese knock off camera work with google with no problem at all wyze might as well put the audio function back on

MR GIOVANNI TURCO

1 Like

If you read up above, they haven’t yet taken the audio from the streaming command, so of course it’s not working yet. It doesn’t matter if you have audio or microphone turned off, the protocol for it needs to be disabled first, then it will work.

1 Like

Is this still working for you? I was having some luck with the hot start but now I get a message that says “Sorry it looks like doesn’t support streaming from ”.

I got my first Nest hub and that’s not working at all. I get a black screen with a Wyze logo for a few seconds and then it closes.

Yes unfortunately I also started having that message about two days ago. Seemingly overnight something broke, I’m pretty bummed. I don’t know if it’s something Wyze did, or if the clock got an update or what…I’ll keep trying.

nothing new here. It works sometimes, but for the last 2 days, nothing works.

Up until a couple of days ago I could get it to stream to an original Chromecast. I then purchased a newer version Chromecast and though it attempts for a fraction of a second to start a stream, it soon goes to a screen which just says “Wyze-Cam” in the middle. Thinking at first it might be an incompatibility with the newer Chromecast, I switched back to the original version Chromecast but it no longer works either, now coming up with the same “Wyze-Cam” message on an otherwise blank screen. The only other thing on the screen is the Google “G” on the right side of the screen.

I suspect that my timing of switching Chromecast versions this week just happened to coincide with things generally breaking. I hope it can be sorted out between Wyze and Google as it is a very handy capability to stream a camera to a Google Home or Chromecast.

I also just purchased the new Chromecast with Google TV, and camera streaming does not work for me either.

1 Like

Just purchased Wyze Outdoor Cams with Wyze Base Station to be let down that casting to Chromecast is not working. It simply shows the text “Wyze-Cam.”

I reached out to support and was told the following:

After checking thoroughly, we’re having an issue with streaming using an integration. Our Engineers are looking into this further and hope to get this resolved soon.

I asked if they have an Estimated Time of Resolution (ETR) and if I can be notified of a resolution and was told this:

At this time, we don’t have an ETA when there will be a fixed. No worries, you may check our Forum where our Engineers are communication to all Wyze users about the issue. You may go to link: Wyze Finally Works With Google Assistant!

Unfortunately, “works with chromecast” was a big oversell and straight up bait, since this forum thread has been open since May 2019.

Wyze Engineers, is there anything you can tell us on an ETR?

Thanks,
A hopeful user.

3 Likes

Check out this from a wyze employee working on this. Wyze Finally Works With Google Assistant! - #724 by WyzeFrederik

I’ve been asking them to not advertise this camera is compatible with google products. I’ve been waiting for the solution for longer than 1 and a half year. Sorry for the bad news!

1 Like

I’m unfortunately having the same issue with my new Nest Hub black screen with Wyze logo and then shuts down. When I used it on my new Chromecast it would basically give me screenshots of I was lucky. I’ve tired unlinking and relinking the account with no luck. Was hoping to find some other suggestions here but looks like I unfortunately might not be so lucky. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Adding on one more person for whom the Wyze cam V3 has a 0% success rate streaming to my Google Nest Hub Max. “Hot starting” made no difference. Each time I got the black screen with “Wyze-cam” in the middle. Really unfortunate that this doesn’t work at all. I’ll be returning my camera and going with a different brand.

I rechecked streaming to a google home hub again today and my V2s and WCOs were both able to connect and stream. It’s not particularly smooth still. It will stream for a bit, rebuffer and stream again.

I also randomly tried this tonight and I can again stream from my Wyze cameras to my Chromecast using Google Assistant. Wyze, if you changed something to make this start working again, thanks!