Wyze doorbell wired V2 won't stop ringing the existing mechanical chime

My issue is the mechanic chime won’t go off once the wyze doorbell V2 button is pushed. It keeps ringing until I restart the doorbell. My chime is a music note long tube chime - NuTone LC-42.

I tried all possible wyze controller wiring I can imagine, standard and alternate, also including direct wiring without the wyze controller. But no matter how I wired it, there were only 2 results: no power to the doorbell at all, or it would keep ringing without stopping.

I have changed to a new transformer 16.5V/40VA, measured 18.5V when not in circuit. So, I am sure the transformer is not the issue. As some internet mentioned, wyze doorbell V2 just don’t know when to stop the signal. Is mine defect product?

I created multiple tickets to Wyze and also uploaded the logs to them. Their support just keeps telling me to wire the controller this or that way. I tried all of them, none works.

When I read your post, this is what came to mind:

Have you fiddled with any settings like that? I wonder if something similar (maybe with a different duration) would be sufficient to tell your Chime Controller how long to trigger the chime.

Mechanical chime option doesn’t have a duration setting Only the digital will give you a duration
And also an update it no longer works so I don’t know what’s going on anymore.

Right, which is why I thought selecting a digital chime type might allow @liyubo403 to set a duration, because that seemed like part of the problem in the original post. I liked the post that you shared in the other topic, and I wanted @liyubo403 to see it in case it might provide a solution. At the very least, it seems like something worth trying.

That’s frustrating. I keep reading that the latest firmware hasn’t actually fixed the notifications issue for some users, too, so I’m still holding off on applying any updates myself.

Thank xraycn and Crease. I tried “digital” with different durations: 1s, 2s, 3s, and others. None solved my problem. The chime still keeps ringing without stopping. I will test the output voltage from the doorbell after I push the button. Do you know how is this doorbell working/acting after the button is pushed?

I don’t. I watched a teardown video recently that I thought was enlightening, even though I don’t understand everything electrical/electronic that’s happening within the Chime Controller or Doorbell camera unit itself.

I think you’ve described a fairly exhaustive approach (standard and alternate wiring schemes with and without the Chime Controller), and since you’ve tried all of the wiring suggestions that Support has offered, I wonder if the Chime Controller itself might be faulty. I really don’t know. I’m just speculating about what the potential problem might be and where to go next (and also imagining that your doorbell chime probably worked as expected with a regular button prior to your Wyze installation).

No luck. I upgraded the firmware too. Play around all options - Mechanical, Digitial from 1s to Maximum, None of them solved the problem :disappointed:

Yep. It stopped working no matter what I do now.
Also they finally added the camera as chime with the v3. I was thinking finally. But then reality it and as I add the cams as chime the error popped up “operation failed, please try again later” lol.

What did I expect. Ofcourse it’s not suppose to work

Also does anyone notice that when answering a ring on your phone. The mic is first disabled. I press unmute to talk and then it immediately mutes me again. I fight with the mute button numerous times.
God I hate this app.