Wyze doorbell - Please help, I have had enough

I installed a doorbell last November and was genuinely impressed with it. Fast forward 3 months and I noticed it was offline with no power to it. I cycled the breaker to it and it came back online. This has happened multiple times since then. I now have given up on it but noticed every once in a while it revives itself, lasts a day or 2 then dies again. I have tried manual resets, and firmware updates, but this problem still persists. I also noticed that when it dies there is still a tiny red recording dot on the top right corner of the events recorder box, like it starts to record then glitches out. Any help or advice will be appreciated. I really did enjoy this product at the beginning but now I guess I get what I payed for, hit its still 70 buck down the drain.

Welcome to the User forum @len.witcher!

Without knowing your power supply for the doorbell, it would be hard to troubleshoot the shutdown issues. I would investigate possible power supply voltage fluctuation issues or shorts that might be causing the cam to shut down to save the electronics. Perhaps moisture shorting across the lugs or at the transformer.

If you can pull it and attach it to another compatible power supply to test it, that might help.

Short of that, I would contact Customer Support and ask for a Warranty replacement.

CUSTOMER SUPPORT: (206) 339-9646
Or you can chat with an agent or create a ticket on the support site https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us or thru the support link in the Account tab in the app.
Email support@wyze.com
Open for support between 4 am - 6 pm PT Monday through Friday, and 8 am - 4 pm PT Saturday.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem, and more. Since the last update, I have to many problems with my doorbell wired. Every day or so I have to power cycle it. Missing people that has come to my door and think I’m not home because of the doorbell being offline. When I go to view my doorbell camera, it seems to have to restart the video stream, and it goes from low resolution, flips 90 degree then back to normal display. These problems started right after the new firmware. Wyze has not yet contacted me about this issue, I guess they are working on a fix. I enjoy all my Wyze products, from my home monitoring system and all my different cams. I understand that this is a new company with new products that it will have bugs, and before this firmware update, I was able to live with the bugs, because they were addressed pretty fast. But this time it’s a problem because I have had people have to call me to see if I’m at home, after ringing the doorbell and I don’t answer. This problem defeats the system’s security, making the front of my house unprotected. I hope that this will be fixed soon, before it kills my doorbell cam. I had already had to replace it once, because of a defected one was sent out the first time. Wyze, please help everyone get your product working again, soon.

Thanks,
MB

1 Like

It sounds to me like you have been FW glitched by the most recent update.

I would suggest you post to the FW Update thread, responding to the Wyze Team Member Original Poster, describing your issues in detail. There has yet to be any official response, despite numerous reports, as to the identification and solutions to the FW glitches.