I got my new doorbell this week and waited until today to set it up. I have a bunch of the wyze cameras, sensors, etc so I figured it would be easy. Well, it hasn’t been easy. It will not connect. I get to the point where it asks the camera to scan the QR code. It scans it fine so I click “next.” After trying to connect for about 2 minutes it just says connection failed, retype password.
I have done the following:
- Verified password and verified it is a 2.4Ghz connection
- Rebooted iPhone
- Rebooted the doorbell by cycling power.
- Rebooted doorbell with soft reset.
- Rebooted doorbell with hard reset.
- Tried a different device (ipad instead of my iPhone)
- Verified I can connect other cameras at the distance my doorbell is at.
- Logged out of wyze app and logged back in
- Tried setting it up as a regular camera instead of the doorbell (someone in another thread said that worked for them).
No luck on any of it. Does anyone have any thoughts? I did submit a ticket.