Wyze doorbell install

I have the same transformer, it is within specs for the Wyze doorbell. I don’t understand why you are wiring it through the non existent chime. Just wire the transformer directly to the doorbell, it’s unnecessary to add the chim wiring.

Maybe I’m missing something, in your original pix of wiring, you have 2 in the laundry room, 2 where the chime would be and 1 at the doorbell. Where is the wire at the doorbell running to? I thought it was to the laundry room, if that’s the case, just wire the transformer directly to doorbell.

I have a wire in the laundry room with 4 wires in it and I used the red/black… where my chime should be I had two sets of wires (with 4 wires in each) so I figured that I have to connect the red/black together to make the connection to the door bell.

I live in a brand new house and didn’t do any of this wiring myself

The wires where my chime should be was already a set of 2 I didn’t cut anything. Maybe I have to use the supplied fuse?

The second wire in my original post in the laundry room I found out was for my phone jack that I cut out and removed.

Gotcha, so the doorbell wire runs from the laundry room to the chime location, then another wire goes from chime to doorbell. So yeah, that run may be too long and you might need a stronger transformer. The fuse is only for protection, Incase the transformer malfunctions and sends higher voltage to the doorbell, the fuse will blow.

I’d measure the voltage at the doorbell to verify

Yes exactly. I’m going to run some diagnostics today and see what I’m getting. I’m even going to plug the transformer where my chime should be and see if the doorbell works at the front door

Sooooooo just wanted to update everyone and thank everyone in this chat for helping and giving me great advice, I really appreciate all of it.

I installed the doorbell!!!

The wire in the laundry room wasn’t connected to the doorbell, I have no clue what the laundry room low voltage wire is for? Who cares. I looked around and found another wire under my stairs connected my transformer, connected the two wires together where my chime should be and connected the doorbell and she turned on!!

Very happy and thankful for the help again.

1 Like

Glad it finally worked.

From Amazon I ordered the voyaux power supply adapter and it works great for the Wyze doorbell, Amazon link is Amazon.com. I am using the transformer for the doorbell and did nothing but plug in the little chime box and works great. Luckily I have a power outlet right by the front door. Went to home depot and grabbed some plastic wire channels (cable raceways) to pretty it up. https://www.homedepot.com/b/Electrical-Electronics-Cable-Management/N-5yc1vZc64e. Unfortunately there does not seem to be an allowance for posting a picture.