Wyze doorbell 4.25.1.042 (March 30 2022) - unusable/slow connection & streaming

4.25.1.060 Update installed but still can’t access live view, still stuck at 3/3 authenticating.

2 Likes

Ditto - the very first time I accessed it, boom, went right in. Excellent I thought. Tried it again and has been stuck at 3 of 3 ever since. So I guess it was a one and done update. I am glad my front doorbell has been fine and it’s the back that is being a pain.

1 Like

Same here. Installed 4.25.1.060 and still stuck on 3 of 3. Rebooted routers, cleared app cache, and so forth… No change since the last firmware update broke it.

2 Likes

Hello @fortlexington , could you help submit a log and let me know the log number?
Thank you.

1 Like

Hello @agrooms , could you help submit a log and let me know the log number?
Thank you.

1 Like

Hello @whyze111 , could you help submit a log and let me know the log number?
Thank you.

1 Like

1 Like

Had the same issue right after updating on 4/28/22 with both iphone and ipad. Very slow. Today it works fine.

Log 558672

1 Like

4.25.1.060 has been a big improvement. Sometimes it will not connect or the rate is very slow. Waiting or going back and trying again if it does not connect seems to work

2 Likes

Log #559354 - still stuck at step 3 of 3

2 Likes

4.1.25.060 still giving me trouble too. It just missed motion detection of someone at the door and when I try to log on it is stuck at connecting.

Submitted log 559372.

2 Likes

My issue is with connection to Google home which the cam pan 3 connects but the is no video when I select the doorbell cam.

They claimed doorbell connectivity to digital assistant IoT (Alexa, GH) but I have yet to find it working properly. I have read some using it on some Alexa devices, but not the ones I have.

I really don’t think the connectivity has improved much with this new version. When it does connect, it is slow. I still have to restart mine sometimes to see the video, but it will always let you synch the time, so it is communicating. Mine is less than 8 feet from the router, and shows full bars in the app. I really would like this device to work properly, I don’t want to drop over $100 on a Pro version with that fisheye camera.

Unfortunately connectivity is still an issue. Sometimes it does not get past step 3 or even step 1. Other times it starts at ~1k and takes several seconds to sort itself out.

Log 561393

Log 562450

I feel your pain fellow Doorbell owners.
Mine was working fine for months and the new firmware made it totally and annoyingly unreliable.

What about less firmware updates and more testing before deployment?

3 Likes

Same problem as previous firmware version, stuck at 3 of 3 (Log 558401 and 563919).
Is there any reason why you can’t allow us to go back two versions in firmware until this is resolved?