Wyze DashCam

Let’s see have this play’s out…

1 Like

Apple tags are also used to locate stolen property. In the absence of Tags and Tiles, a car thief is going steal either way. But let’s put dash cams into perspective - let’s say EVERY car has a dash cam as standard equipment. Everyone on the road would be on video all the time. It would become ubiquitous and most of us would forget it’s there. So much so that almost no one would say “I got you on video” to anyone because it would be like “d’uh.” But the fact is that dash cams are a voluntary purchase and even with all the insurance and safety (one imagines) benefits only a tiny group of car owners bothers to buy one. It’s a product for a niche market. A market that likes to say “I got you on video! Imatellonyou!

I think all the Russians have dash cams, and produce some of the best and craziest videos. I wish all vehicles would be made with cams, kind of like Tesla (Front/back and sides) .

1 Like

I wish Wyze creates affordable dash cams, other dash cam manufactures charge 250$ + for vehicle.

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar posts. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

I got mine at Costco for $75.00 cheap

1 Like

Affordable is not relevant when you need a device to record the 1st time…and Wyze’s products are so-so.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Hey there Cohiba Joe come on I have a new platform you can jump on

Hello all,
Could you please help us fill out a survey about the dash cam? Many thanks!

6 Likes

Why you need a dash cam: First pic this guy ran the red light, I had green turn arrow to left
Second Pic. Mr. No Stop.
Third pic another light runner, cars in my lane had the green arrow to the left. Cam for this was recording at 1920x1080 60 frames per second as a test. I usually have it set to 2880x2160P at 24 frames per second.

No stop
Runner 2

2 Likes

Survey done. :heavy_check_mark:

DASHCAM FOR CARS/AUTOS (REARVIEW CAM, INTERIOR MIRROR CAM, FRONT/REAR DASH CAM, SIDEVIEW MIRROR/MOTION SAFETY CAM ETC)

I would love to see more integration and technology advances in your strong presence in the camera technology in AUTOMOBILE / CARS category, please!

Continuing the discussion from Wyze DashCam:

Is there DashCam in the works

Before I fork out hundreds of dollars for a iffy product; are the Wyzerds working on a prototype?

Hello…We are the Beta Testers,

Hundreds of dollars? Have you met Wyze?

2 Likes

Dashcam Features Needed

I tried the DashCam survey … but it didn’t give me a chance to provide input …
I would love a Wyze DashCam with the following items included :

• 4K/UHD front cam
    *Full HD Cabin/Rearview … with the right lens provides pretty good coverage out the windows
  • 512 GB sd or larger
  • WIFI to the net (or phone) … I’ve got WIFI in the car, and could connect to house at home (you do this already, so no big deal)
  • Super nite and poor weather video
  • Caps rather than batteries
  • Very high / low temperature rating
  • Parking mode … 15 second buffer holding the video prior to the G-sensor tripping

Who needs something else ??

…STeve

• USB voltages and connectors so power packs can be used with vehicle off

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

1 Like

All of the above PLUS AUDIO PLEASE!

AUDIO/SOUND RECORDING (Stereo or Left/Right audio a plus)

Surprisingly, this is a unique and great added feature that can benefit in variety of purposes. Recorded sounds can provide significant impact with the video recordings when evidences are needed to be submitted for legal/claim matters.

Thanks!

Dear, Wyze.

Clearly, you’ve seen the crazy demands for a Wyze Dashcam. It would cost people hundreds of dollars to make them think that they’re invincible… or worse, that they are victims (Road Rage USA & Canada | Bad Drivers, Hit and Run, Brake check, Instant Karma, Car Crash | New 2022 - YouTube). The ugly truth about the automobile business is that automakers will integrate features consumers actually want while making it difficult for features that at best are “niche.” It’s a no-win situation: the price will be too high for most and buyers will decry when the product is discontinued due to low demand.

Send this message to your bean counters if you need a [refreshing] slap in the face.

Best regards.

2 Likes

i don’t know why this isn’t standard on all cars?!?! people get into car accident all the time! that’s why i love my Tesla so much for making it standard and well integrated

2 Likes

I suspect many aggressive drivers - like 95% of Atlanta drivers :laughing: - wouldn’t want insurance companies to have access to that footage following an accident.

I’d be much more willing to consider a Wyze brand device if it had these two features:

1. No Microphone! Who wants a recording of what they say when they have an accident? Or, more importantly, who wants an SD card full of every private conversation they’ve ever had inside their car with passengers just sitting on their dashboard for anyone to grab?
  2. Name brand or reputable certification on the battery (I don’t want my car to catch on fire because an inexpensive battery got hot in the desert parking lot, for example)

Thanks for considering my opinion.

1 Like