Wyze contact sensors offline

Wyze contact sensors offline… I have to restart Wyze Cam … every day…
Why does this happen ?

I had 2 contact sensors like that. They were mounted on a steel frame window which it turned out that was the problem. Too much steel was causing the sensor to go offline repeatedly.

In my case I fixed it by locating the larger piece of the contact onto glass. This allowed for a stronger signal and it stopped showing up as offline.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @ctp7951. If you do a search (magnifying glass icon, top-right) on the forum, you will find several posts on how people have solved this.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. The latter method will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis.

1 Like

I have asked for help i even have a ticket # and i still have not gotten a reply. My sensors say offline. They have worked for months

I’d try and do this…
Hard reboot the cam.
Unplug the bridge, plug it back in and wait till it turns blue (may need to do this a couple times).
If not, I’d open up a ticket with Wyze (had Bridge that kept flashing blue and yellow …Wyze replaced it for free).

If so …
Check sensor if it’s online, if so wait and see if the problem returns.
If so, I would replace the battery in the sensor and pair it up with the bridge and see.

Welcome to the community, @shana0927. Are you using the beta version of the app? If you submitted your support request through the beta app, then the email goes to the devs, and you will not receive a reply. I think I should have made that clear in my comment.

1 Like