WYZE connection timed out on BT ISP (UK)

Hi, I recently purchased the WYZE camera. I am in the United Kingdom so using BT as my ISP. I have their BT Home Hub 6. I have separated the 2.4 & 5GHz frequency. Changed the SSID to something shorter and even changed the router’s password thinking that was an issue.

When I go into the app and follow the setup process, I get to scan the QR code. Then after 5-10 seconds it says “connection has timed out please re-scan the qr code”.

I can see the camera & MAC address on my router’s address table just not getting anything on my mobile device. I’ve even tried using a different mobile, still no joy.

I have to start all over again. Seem to be running in circles. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue. I am sure many have but especially in the UK with BT.

Hi, I’m in the UK, and use BT. But I’ve not had the same problem. I have 7 cameras running. I’m not really sure what to suggest but can at least confirm that it can work. Give your BT home hub a reboot for good measure. I presume you are on default settings for the hub?

Maybe it’s a faulty camera I’ve got then. I’ve ordered another one just to see. Did you split your 2.4GHz & 5GHz bands?

Thanks for letting me know it at least works :see_no_evil: