Wyze Cam timed out

I bought the new version 2 (cube style) and set it up was very easy and completed.
However I’ve since changed my broadband to virgin. Ever since I’ve been going through the setup, getting to the QR point which it scans and then the good lady in the small cube advises me that the CONNECTION HAS TIMED out and to rescan the QR code. I dosent then scan. Lucky I was able to send it back and get a brand new one. However I’ve still got the exact same issue. So there was nothing wrong with the one I sent back.
Please please please tell me somebody has had the same issue and found a fix???
Thanks in advance

Scott

Few things, are there any special characters in the SSID name? Does the new router have 2.4 GHz? Is your wifi network 2.4 and 5 GHz.? Can you explain more about your network.

Welcome to the forums! Hopefully the crew here can help you with this issue.

As @Omgitstony mentioned, I suspect the problem may be that your router isn’t broadcasting Wifi 2.4 Ghz or that your phone isn’t connected to 2.4.

Dunno about the phone. However I did go into settings and turned off 5g and solely went with 2.4 and this made no difference

Scott

Excuse my ignorance SSID my IT prowess is not the best

The router or phone settings?

SSID is the name given to your home Wifi. What you see when trying to connect on your phone.
Is there anything other than letters and numbers in it?

Also, if you have two networks, for instance one that says something like Home Network 2,4ghz and one that says Home Network 5 ghz, make sure you’re connected to the 2.4ghz network.

No just letters and numbers

Just soley got the one network. I did read that the hub 3.0 can’t cope with to many devices. They had to go out and buy a new router

Do you know if that one network is 2.4 Ghz?

Yeah it’s the virgin one and it’s tuned to both 2.4 and 5. Did try soley 2.4 however it made no difference