Wyze Car owners be careful, might catch on FIRE

Long story short the same day I received my Wyze Car, I was driving it for about 5 min and the front light started flickering, there was a strong burning smell coming from the camera. This is a new camera that was ordered with the car. I suspect the problem is coming from the wire that attaches to the camera. I’m glad this was caught before the car caught on fire. When wiggling the wire attached to the camera it makes a weird sound and the light flickers.

2 Likes

I had a black V2 die the same death last year. Returned it for a replacement. Not sure if it was the camera or the cord. No smoke or heat at all… Just a dead cam that smelled like toasted electric celery.

1 Like

I would highly recommend contacting Wyze Customer Support about this issue!
By phone: (206) 339-9646
Or online: Wyze.com/support
Wyze Support has extended their live support hours for a better support experience. ( Excluding Holidays & Emergencies )
WEEKDAY HOURS:
Monday - Friday 4 AM – 8 PM PT

WEEKEND HOURS
Saturday 8 AM – 4 PM PT

6 Likes

Please update the group on this, after you talk to support, if you don’t mind.

1 Like

I had the same thing happen to me today and just submitted a ticket. It seems dangerous that this is still happening more than half a year after your experience.

1 Like

This also happened to me with two v2 black cameras used with the wyze car. They are sending me replacements but I will no longer use the wyze car. It will be a novelty item.

I got the Wyze car just today. Put it together. Joined the camera to the app. It was as in the process of upgrading when the whole Wyze car turned off.
Left the room and when I came back I was smelling burning. I quickly unplugged the battery pack and camera. Camera was very hot.

Now my whole room is smelling like burnt electronics.

Needless to say I won’t be watching my cats while I’m at work with this car now.

On the phone with support as I am writing this waiting on hold.

1 Like