Wyze Car killed 2 of the V2 Cams

Was so excited about playing with the Wyze Car, since I have a couple of v2 I haven’t opened and used yet.

First cam…added it in my network, then automatic update, the into the car she goes. Did not drove the car with this one, but it did showed the video on Car App. Turned if off, dis some errands, came back and then nothing. No power from the battery. Connected it to power source, same, nothing, dead, no LED .

Since I thought I have a DOA new cam, opened a 2nd cam. This time I hooked it up directly to the car for power, added it to my account, and opened the Car app. Once I opened the car app, it automatically updated the firmware.

Trying to use travel mode with no go. Everything else works, but car would not move. Switch back to network mode and was able to play with it with no problems.

Turned it off for the night.

Next morning, played with it for a few with my kid, ate breakfast, then same thing with the first cam. It would nit turn on. No power even with plugged outlet power.

I think the power supply is outputting improper power to the cams and killing it.

Now i’m stuck with a car I can’t drive and 2 dead cameras.

Thanks?

1 Like

Welcome to the community,

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. I would recommend reaching out to Wyze directly.

By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

Or online: Wyze.com/support

phone support is typically faster however this isn’t always true due to fluctuation in the amount of calls.

Dead cameras, possible overheating and fire danger, stripped screws…sure wish I’d ordered one.

:frowning_face:

2 Likes

More good QC from Wyze…Also had a Outdoor CamV2 that lasted 1 day…Charging Charging and Charging…Blinking light for day’s…Thru the Cam in the garbage.

Im going to plug in a USB power monitor to mine and see what it does. Curious situation you have there.