Wyze Cams cannot connect when on Mobile Data Network

I can see all 5 of my cameras using cell data whether I am 10 feet away or 100 miles away. iPhone/Verizon

1 Like

Learn something everyday. Thanks. This is a newly discovered bonus. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yes, that’s how it is supposed to work. Access cameras, lights, plugs, etc. from anywhere with the app. I use my iPhone when I’m out to check cameras and sensors. Is this something new to you? It is a feature of most of these IOT devices that you will have access from remote locations. The access is still limited to your device(s) and your account so no one else can access them and there is no hole through your firewall granting access.

The cameras were scared when they saw the 50% increase in the price of the V3 today … it is unbelievable. They already lost their appeal to the competition they were; Good, Pretty, Cheap. :scream: :scream:

Thank you for that detail reply. I did the test and have everything you said as good. I can reach my tend secure cameras just fine over mobile network, I can access my Phillips lights, Google home etc just not the wyze cameras. The moment I connect to my home network it’s fine. Super annoying. The whole point was to remotely monitor the property.

Thank you for this reply. As i am typing this response, I was trying out your response and while doing that I realized that my cameras are now working on cellular network. I will have to wait until I run into problems again before I can test out the link to see.

The funny thing is just yesterday, i could never access the cameras from a cellular network. Today, i did absolutely nothing and suddenly it works like a charm. No idea what went wrong. Will update when I run into this issue again.

Meantime, thank you again :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m having the same issue which is unable to access wyze on cellular.
However on my wife iPhone its working on cellular.
I’m using Oppo find x3 Pro (android)

1 Like

Hi @Paranoid and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face:
Guess we can eliminate a router problem since its working on wife’s iPhone.

Check your Android, Settings → App permissions make sure Wyze is allowed to use the mobile data.
If that looks OK, try to access from a WiFi that is not your own.
Hope this helps.

Try going into your APN settings on your phone and disable IPv6.

Same issue here (Oneplus 9 Android 11) Tryed this but It was already on IPV4 only. So something else is wrong here.

I came here to say I have the same issue. Everything works fine over different wifi networks, but as soon as I switch back to cellular data I can’t load my cameras anymore.

I am also in Singapore and have tried two out of three telcos (Starhub and M1), both with ipv4 only and also with all battery optimisations off and data unrestricted on my Galaxy fold 2 5g. Regardless I can’t get the camera to load. I also tried via my NordVPN with a USA connection and still won’t load.

I have no issues with accessing any of my other remote items (Google Nest, Smarthings Fridge live view, Hik Connect, etc). Literally just a Wyze issue.

It seems this is affecting users outside the USA. Any change Wyze could help to look into this for the international users?

Thanks!

Any updates from Wyze? Is it best to log a ticket?

On iPhone: Go to Settings → cellular-> scroll all the way down to “Wyze” and move the slider to the on position (to the right). You are welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks for this. I am on Android,

Also as an update: I can play event videos on cellular… just can’t see live view.

O.

Try Cellular settings on Android.

1 Like

Just wanted to thank AndreyM. Turning on cellular data for the Wyze app on my cellphone solved the problem. I can now see the live stream on my phone. Should have thought of it myself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The same problem. Any solution for Android please?

Interesting is that I cant connect via mobile data, but when I create wifi hotspot, other phone can connect to live stream via my cellular mobile data network :astonished:

Anyone found the fix?

Looks like I found the fix, it was not working in my Xperia Android phone and started working when i added permission to ‘phone’ go to settings → apps->wyze->permissions alow phone!