Wyze camera v2 will not say, "ready to connect."

For some reason the Wyze cam v2 will not indicate, “ready to connect.” At one time it was working. I have an additional v2 and it is working fine. If this is a firmware issue I need to know how to connect to update the camera. I have also tried the hold down the reset for extended period of time with no success. The camera is clicking for setup. What do you recommend? Thx in advance!

Which firmware version is on the camera now? You can use an SD card to load firmware with these directions if you think that is your issue. The V2 is the third paragraph.

1 Like

I believe this will be helpful or at least hoping so. Right now I am in discovery for how to download to an SD Card in that I am using a MacBook Pro 14” (no slot).

That you!

[Mod Edit]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

Ok I got the camera flashing Blue.

What are the next steps for setup?

Thx

[Mod Edit]

I believe this will be helpful or at least hoping so. Right now I am in discovery for how to download to an SD Card in that I am using a MacBook Pro 14” (no slot).

That you!

[Mod Edit]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

I had flashed at least 10 times with my V2.

Here is a Quick steps.

to flash.

get firmware… name it demo.bin (v2) other model may be different name

copy file to top direction of a 32gb sd card formatted to FAT.
insert sd card in V2 (unplugged)

with finger on reset button. plug in power for around 3-6 sec. should see light blue led light. (actually both blue and yellow are both on.

wait until led turn to yellow.

remove sd card

restart v2.

once flashing yellow started. press reset button.

it will announce ready to connect.

good luck…

Appreciate the reply. I’ll try again. These process steps sink to what I have been doing. The issue so far remains the solid blue/yellow combo turns to blinking blue. Yellow never returns. Unplug & plug back yellow then blinking blue is back. Setup button produces no change. I will give it a couple more try’s.

I don’t have a V2 but on other cams flashing blue means it is trying to connect to your network. Make sure your phone/device is on the same 2.4 GHz network you are trying to add the cam to.

if you have blinking blue, V2 is trying to connect after QR code.

I tried at least 50 times to get connected. In between I had router/modem reset. not just reboot.

try that too.

also send Wyze Log(s). It could be their server. that needs yoir V2 Mac address to reset.

Thank you. I am to the point of trashing. The value stream says I need move on.

Appreciate the reply!!

[Mod Edit]

Thank you! Good point! I have changed the router lately & wonder if that in fact is playing a role. The other v2 I have is working just fine on the 2.4.

[Mod Edit]