My Wyze Cav V2 won’t say “Ready to connect”. I tried to factory settings by pressing the setup button for 30 seconds and repeat. Nothing seems to work. I don’t have an SD card so the SD card in the slot was an issue. Thanks
Welcome to the Wyze community @Artic!
Are you seeing any signs of life in your camera like the LED indicator light or IR lights turning on?
If not, make sure the outlet is working and try another cable and/or power adapter if possible.
If so, try flashing the firmware.
- Wyze Cam v2 and Pan firmware files can be found on the Release Notes page.
- Download a specific version of firmware, For Windows 10: Right-click on the folder and select extract all. For Mac: Just drag and drop the folder, put it on the root directory of your microSD card. For both Mac and Windows, rename the file to demo.bin .
- Power off your camera and insert your microSD card.
- Hold the setup button, plug in your USB cable, keep holding the setup button for 3-6 seconds until the light is solid blue, then release the button.
- Note: The “Solid Blue” in this case is not the same as the one normally seen on the camera. Instead, both the blue and yellow LEDs will be on at once, making it appear to be a lighter blue.
- Wait for 3-4 minutes. The camera will reboot and change light status during this time.
- Once this is done, your camera should be functioning with the original setup. No need to re-setup your camera!
Is there any other ways if I don’t have a micro SD card or a micro SD Card reader on my computer?
For flashing the firmware, unfortunately not.
I would suggest trying it if possible. If you can’t, You may want to contact Wyze Customer Support about this issue!
By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
TYSM This seems to have helped, I thought my camera was a goner. Whew. Saved me $30 replacing it!