For some reason, I can’t get one of my Wyze v2 cams to connect. It got an error 90 so I deleted it from the app and am trying to reconnect it. I get the “REady to Connect” prompt but the camera will randomly scan the QR code. Even when it does scan the QR code it will eventually say on the app that it can not connect. I’ve reset many times by holding the reset button down 10 seconds. Unplugged from power overnight but nothing.
Are you using mobile data or WiFi? What app version are you using?
You could try deleting and reinstalling the app as well as restarting your phone.
I’m using my homes wifi. Version of App is 2.16.53 and I have uninstalled and reinstalled app as well as rebooted phone. I think the camera is just not working any more.
Try flashing the firmware.
From the Wyze support article:How to flash firmware manually .
- Wyze Cam v2 and Pan firmware files can be found on the Release Notes page.
- Download a specific version of firmware, For Windows 10: Right-click on the folder and select extract all. For Mac: Just drag and drop the folder, put it on the root directory of your microSD card. For both Mac and Windows, rename the file to demo.bin .
- Power off your camera and insert your microSD card.
- Hold the setup button, plug in your USB cable, keep holding the setup button for 3-6 seconds until the light is solid blue, then release the button.
- Note: The “Solid Blue” in this case is not the same as the one normally seen on the camera. Instead, both the blue and yellow LEDs will be on at once, making it appear to be a lighter blue.
- Wait for 3-4 minutes. The camera will reboot and change light status during this time.
- Once this is done, your camera should be functioning with the original setup. No need to re-setup your camera!