Wyze cam wont live stream

Hello,
Has any one else not been able to use their cameras since the last update about 2 weeks ago.
My phone updated and it goes through the three steps of 1. connecting 2. authenticating and then stops at 3. getting video data. It will not load anything and gets stuck on this screen, We were able to still use the cameras via my boyfriends phone until his phone also made him do the update and now he cant use the cameras either.

3 Likes

@rachelheppe07 Welcome to the Wyze community! :slightly_smiling_face:

What steps have you taken to troubleshoot this issue if any?
And, what is the current Wyze app and FW version youā€™re using?

1. Power cycle the camera?
  2. Uninstall/reinstall the Wyze app?
1 Like

I have the same issue. I can connect behind my local area network (wifi), but once I go on a mobile network (LTE), I cannot get past the ā€˜getting video dataā€™ step. I put a ticket into the WYZE support group and they said it sounded like a larger issue since the last app update. So hopefully the fix it quick.

3 Likes

@GABE.KOPP and @rachelheppe07 are you using the Android or iOS app?

Iā€™m on an iPhone XR. I also tried doing a hotspot and an iPad connection and again same deal, ok behind home wifi, not ok outside of network.

Hav you tried what @StopICU33 suggested?
Also try:

• A factory reset.
  • (If possible) try the camera on an android device.
    let me know how it works.

I deleted the camera from the app and reinstalled it, if that is what you mean by a factory reset (I only say it that way given there is no hub for a full reset, per se). I donā€™t have any android in the house, I donā€™t think. Iā€™ll have to look :slight_smile:

1 Like

My primary phone is an android, but I have also observed that my work issued iCrapPhone has become very unreliable in the past few weeks.

1 Like

For me, the app performance is OK at times and bad others.
From what Iā€™ve gathered, all users having issues (in this topic) have the IOS version of the Wyze app. There could be an issue with the app!
This is just an observation and I could be wrong.
@Mavens what do you think? App or users?

I am not having these issues on Wi-Fi or on cell network , all my devices are Android

1 Like

My first suggestion would be to try deleting the app, then reinstalling the app fresh. I recently have seen an uptick in app issues right after an update, and a fresh install cleared it up (like what has been stated already).

2 Likes

Deleting the camera is different from a factory reset, see here

2 Likes

I agree try a uninstall and reinstall of the app , some people are reluctant to uninstall the app but it wonā€™t hurt anything it can only help

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had some issues with the IOS app. I think it might only be the IOS app.

Yep! Thinking that the settings or devices are saved in the app, not the cloud (like they are).

1 Like

Iā€™ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and no success there. Iā€™m going to try to factory reset all the cameras and uninstall/reinstall the app. Maybe that gets me there. Update pending! Thanks all for the thoughts.

1 Like

I have tried deleting everything and re installing Iā€™ve tried clearing caches, Iā€™ve tried the beta system they offered me. When I talked to someone on live chat they said they would put a ticket in but they didnā€™t know if it would get fixed right away. I can only see the cameras when I am home on the same network. My iPad hadnā€™t updated when my phone did and I could use my iPad Until it updates this morning :tired_face:. Very frustrating!

2 Likes

Weā€™re you ever able to get yours working? I still canā€™t use mine unless Iā€™m home on the same network

A Wyze tech Reached out and their beta version worked for me. They are currently using a debug app on my phone to see whatā€™s up. They have not got back yet but a beta versions did end up fixing it. Not sure what the long term resolution will be but there is hope.

-Gabe Kopp

1 Like

I am on the BETA app as well. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my Android phone. Still a ā€œno goā€. Hangs at ā€œGetting video dataā€¦ (3/3)ā€
Extremely frustrating.