Wyze cam V3 stuck on solid red light

Personally I am already making arrangements for when my 5 cams will die on me which I guess will be by spring 2022 (that is if my own bricking timeline is representative of how long they will remain functional). At this point I would not be surprised if Canada’s winter kill them anyway. To say that I have lost basically all confidence in the brand is an euphemism.

Annoying to be the preacher of good news telling everyone around me to buy only to turn around and take back my words and advise against. :unamused:

1 Like

I think there is no saving for the batch we have received and only a hardware revision will resolve this. So I guess enjoy your last cam v3 while it lasts

Update:
Sure looks like Wyze is not really confident in what it sales… So yeah… Enjoy while your cams last. I have just received 3 replacement that I will never update… We will see how they hold up.

2 Likes

When I received my replacement and I tried updating them, they bricked in the same way the first round did. They did ship me replacements for the second time. This was back in June and I haven’t tried to update since even though the app continually asked me to. Would like to but I would also like to see Wyze address this issue.

1 Like

The second time you update the replacement, did you have a MicroSD 128gb card inside?
It seems that could cause the issue. I had a card in my v3 (128gb) and it bricked the cam after the update and my friend who got the update didn’t have card and didn’t have issue.

I also don’t really have fate in wyze for resolving this issue and notifying all their customer because from previous issue with their product they just don’t talk about it.

ex: dead battery sensor issue → Thread

Instead they just replace the product if you fit in their warranty policy.

I’m from canada and I always been a first buyer to support them and yes I did take the risk of buying their product from amazon but at the time I didn’t know wyze was not covering warranty if we buy from amazon so I figured I was going to wait until they sale in canada and it took them over 2 years to find a reseller Petstore and lately HomeDepot but the damaged was already done so I won’t buy more of their product.

I feel complaining here is a waste of time because it’s not public enough… we should send a message on their reddit page, facebook and twitter perhaps this will catch their attention.
This forum seems to be just between customer and moderator.

I already started to spread the word on youtube reviews. People need to be aware that the v3s are time bombs.

4 Likes

Actually, I had a 32 GB card I bought specifically to test with. Still failed.

2 Likes

Well then I think that settles the question about the 128gb SD being the cause of brickings.

Cam v3 are straight up time bomb. Hope that it bricks within your 1 year warranty otherwise you are screwed.

Sucks though for us early adopters. Cause we are paying for R&D for those that will get reliable cam v3s.

1 Like

Same issue happened to me, I had a 32GB sd card in :frowning:

1 Like

Ditto here. 2 out of 7 V3 cams bricked. Cannot flash, reset button unresponsive. Support replaced, you have to really have patience with Wyze support. 30+ minutes per call.

1 Like

Has anyone ever been able to flash a V3 cam with the .BIN file and a Micro SD card?
Ive tried several times with the 3 (now) bad V3 cameras, I get a purple light for a minute or so, then solid red that never goes away. Reset button inoperative.

3 Likes

I had no luck. Have the same problem with 4 V3s

2 Likes

as far as i know, Nope no one has revived the dead cameras.
Get in touch in Wyze and start exchanging them. Don’t be surprised if you end up replacing all of them.

3 Likes

Your cam is bricked beyond repair! Welcome in the club. Time for you to get the cam replaced under warranty, never allow an update to touch it and hope for the best.

2 Likes

The same thing is happening to me. I got my V3 a month ago, I went through the setup process. I got to the part where you update the firmware and it killed the camera. It’s a solid red light no matter what. I got a replacement unit a month later, and AGAIN the same thing happened. These are defective units.

1 Like

What firmware date did you use and did you rename it?

I used the firmware version prior to the bricking issue. (Prior to the 4.36.318) and renamed it as per the help section. Tried 3 different cameras, used 2 different PC’s and micro SD cards. Solid red light never goes away. Seems no one has been able to run this “fix” to repair this error.

1 Like

What about flashing back to 4.36.1.4? That is the one that I can successfully flash back to. None of the newer ones work for me, but I have been able to manually flash back to 4.36.1.4 every time.

I didn’t try that file. I tried 4.36.25
After you were able to flash with 4.36.319, were you then able to update to the following updates?

I say we all keep updating and getting them replaced until they get off their butts and FIX THE PROBLEM!!!

1 Like

Zippo. Not working. I even tried the older files. Nothing. I do get a “purple” light when initially plugging in, but NEVER get anything but a solid red light after that.