Wyze cam v3 - save clips to Dropbox?

It would be great to add the ability to save clips right to my iCloud photos or my Dropbox. Saving to the Gallery, well, I can never find them, where do they go? I tap the Gallery and it always says nothing is in there, so I end up texting the clips to myself and getting at them from there. Otherwise they disappear if I don’t snag them within 24 hours or something. They are probably on the SD card (?), but the camera isn’t conveniently located to easily go to it and take out the card. It does have CamPlus. Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

I don’t use iOS so maybe someone with more iOS experience can chime in here. I know @spamoni and @R.Good are both familiar with iOS and should be able to tell us where to find downloaded clips on iOS or how to have it save to your iCloud or Dropbox.

Until then, I can say in general what seems to work for me. If you’re talking about saving things from the “Events” tab, the events should have this little share icon that lets you choose where to send or save the video to like this:

Then I can scroll down and select dropbox and it will save the clip there.
Or if I record off the SD card, then from the camera’s live stream area, I can select “More” and then “Album” and then my clips from the SD card should be available there too.

On Android, clips are saved to a Folder named “Wyze” in the main directory, so I often go find them there on my phone. I told my Google Photos app to automatically add any videos in that folder to my Google Photos so now it is automatic. I am sure there is a way to do something similar for your needs if someone familiar with iOS can give some steps to make this easier for you.

2 Likes

iOS-Play the event video from the events page until the end then tap the download icon. The videos will be in your picture gallery if you have given Wyze permission to access your photo gallery. If you ever record from playback those videos will also be in your photo gallery. Or you can use the send icon and email them to yourself or someone else. If you record from playback you will see you then have a WZYE folder in your iPhone photo album.

4 Likes

@carverofchoice , will check once I get home. However, I believe the items are the same from memory. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the help - I didn’t know I had to play the clip all the way to the end. I did a test clip and it showed up in Events, played it all the way to the end and hit Download- it showed up in my Recents in my phone (not the Wyze album but maybe it needs time to get in there). But it didn’t save to that camera’s Album, it went to something called “system gallery”, which I have never found and don’t know where that it. But I do have it now in my photos, so the basic functionality I’m looking for is there. And if I want to Share it I found Dropbox in the More… list of available apps - but only as a link, and I have to email somebody the link for that to work. But that worked too.

1 Like

If you open your camera to live view and tap the Take Photo icon near the bottom right that should send a photo to the album also. Maybe I made an album/folder just for Wyze, I don’t remember but you can make one by opening the photo app on the phone, tap the plus sign and make a new album or folder.

1 Like

Cloud clips are available in the event tab for 14 days once they are uploaded to the cloud. Cloud (event tab) storage and local (SD card in cam) are two seperate and Independant functions. If your local storage is enabled, the footage is proboly saved onto the SD card also, and viewed via the playback link from the camera live view.

5 Likes

A little too late, but what you provided is correct and @Antonius provided the images.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification on the difference between Cloud and local storage. Where is the System Gallery- in the app on the phone? I allegedly have several clips in there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Technically on your device, hence “system gallery”, but accessable via the Wyze app and the gallery app of your choice on your device.

5 Likes

Thanks- now I get it. I think my whole issue was not knowing I had to play to the very end before trying to save anywhere. Another test just cleared it up, thanks for the explanation. There’s no manual with these kinds of things spelled out.

1 Like