• Improved thumbnail image quality

• Improved log recording

• Reduced firmware size

• Fixed a 0 second Event Video bug

• Fixed a device connection issue

7 Likes

Firmware updated without issues. Will begin testing

5 Likes

Firmware updated without issues. Still have some Android tablet issues. Will post some video screenshots and log #s tomorrow. Love the improved low light performance and brighter Color Night Vision! :smiley:

6 Likes

I will test on my Androud ONN Tablet to see if I have issues.

What are you experiencing?

1 Like

Some start a stream, skip time and lock up. Some start a stream and lock up before resolution preference is even loaded. Lock up as in stream is frozen, but app let’s you back out. This is regardless of Hardware Decoder setting. It must have something to do with graphics calls because when it’s locked up and you back out to the home page, the device/group icons are humongous. :grin:

Testing on stock Samsung tablets running Android versions 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.

3 Likes

Ok, will check on mine

1 Like

Try viewing in landscape orientation. It’s particularly problematic.

3 Likes

Ok, will do it soon. Need to get a few things done first.

2 Likes

No rush. I need to eat and will subsequently be in a food coma. :rofl:

5 Likes

Firmware updates quick and painless.

Tested live stream on Android 11, Public App 2.37.0.117

Color Night Vision brightness is better than previous getting closer to the current V3 brightness.

Live Stream with Hardware Decoder Off still has some video pauses and skips, several seconds at a time, especially when there is active motion in the FOV. But, it has improved from previous as it didn’t break comms and reload the stream. Appears to be stable so long as nothing moves fast! :rofl: Performance seems better with the Smart Focus button toggled off.

With the Hardware Decoder On, Live Stream is the most stable, as it was before… which disables Smart Focus altogether.

3 Likes

True it is a lot better compared to when it was first released, but still can be improved some. Although it is 2K and the image quality is a lot better.

Here is a pic of my driveway showing Color Night Vision on the V3Pro followed by the V3 camera.

2 Likes

One of my pros updated and one won’t. I rebooted and have tried again but still not updating. Log 812360

For some reason, my v3 Pros aren’t showing the update, on 4.58.0.2905.

Make sure you go to Account > About > Beta Program and select Edit, top right, then select the V3 Pro Cam and click save.

you should then be able to get the Beta Firmware.

2 Likes

These are the comparison pics prior to the update:

V3Pro:

V3:

Here is the comparison now:

V3Pro:

V3:

5 Likes

Yea, way better, so is mine comparing the V3Pro previous to present image.

I think it is the 2K as the image is a lot better

2 Likes

That was it, unchecked. Thanks!

3 Likes

I did the test on my Walmart ONN Android Tablet. There is definitely an issue with Live Streaming. at one point it skipped 7 seconds. Almost as if it paused for 7 seconds and then started again.

3 Likes

No Problem, I have done that myself

2 Likes